Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Able To Connect With Internet From Vmware Guest Os If I Turn On Bitdefender 2013 Firewall

I am using Bitdefender 2013 Internet Security on host os Win 7 64 bit and trying to connect vmware 9 guest OS WIN 8 and Linux Mint 14 to internet. I can connect with internet from Guest OS when BD firewall is off but can't connect with internet if firewall is on. Need your help to resolve this issue.

Comments

• I am using Bitdefender 2013 Internet Security on host os Win 7 64 bit and trying to connect vmware 9 guest OS WIN 8 and Linux Mint 14 to internet. I can connect with internet from Guest OS when BD firewall is off but can't connect with internet if firewall is on. Need your help to resolve this issue.

I have exactly the same problem!

Anybody knows how this can be fixed?

D.

• I have exactly the same problem!

D.

additional info: build 16.26.0.1739 and this happens only using bridged mode on VM

NAT works fine, bridge mode is required due to access to the local lan

turning BD firewall off enables Internet traffic

please your advice?

• PARTIALLY SOLVED!!!!

goto adapters, choose trusted and stealth off

and suddenly the bridge is working!!!!!

only thing is that these settings are not persistent :-(

after reboot or hybernation these settings go back to default :-((((

• I have exactly the same problem!

D.

To solve this follow these steps-

1. choose "Manage Adapters" and then select off for Stealth Mode.

2. Go to Firewall Setting and Adapter Rules. Double click network and enter the IP of guest os in address box and then select Allowed and OK.

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you! :)