Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Hangs

Options
Mohammad_81
edited February 2013 in General

Hi,

I have been using kaspersky for a month (trial version), nothing was wrong

but after some searches in the web I found bitdefender more popular, so I decided to purchase bit defender total security 2013

after installation, I tried to run C Cleaner on my computer but system stopped working, even I couldn't run task manager by pressing Ctrl+ alt+ delete

I was persuaded to reboot laptop by holding power button,

I didn't use C cleaner again, but every time total security tries to perform some sort of action, the system doesn't respond and I should wait until it stops its action

I didn't have this problem with kaspersky ,

what should I do?

thanks for your time.

Operating system :

Windows 7 64bit

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Mohamed, and welcome :)

See if this post helps with the CCleaner issue: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=174047

:)

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

Apologies for the misspell of your name, Mohamad, as I let spell check change what I had typed. It's another one of those Monday mornings for me ^_^

• Apologies for the misspell of your name, Mohamad, as I let spell check change what I had typed. It's another one of those Monday mornings for me ^_^

Hi Columbo, No problem,

thanks a lot for your information, I will see the link right now and write you back the result

thanks again

• Hi Columbo, No problem,

thanks a lot for your information, I will see the link right now and write you back the result

thanks again

\

Hi again Columbo,

Thanks for the thread, the problem solved by C-Cleaner , but I think there is still some problem with bit defender ;) , I mean sometimes the program contemplates so deep that the whole system get Freeze !, I have never seen such problems with other anti viruses before ...

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

You're welcome as far as CCleaner, but could you describe the issues your having a little bit more please.

Please confirm in Settings that you have these set to normal, especially Active Virus Control, go to Settings/Antivirus/Active Virus Control set to Normal. In Firewall Settings/Advanced have Intrusion Detection System set on Normal. As if these, especially the AVS on high, can cause slow down/freeze issues.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Do as Columbo suggested and just for your information "Switch the product to User Mode and also turn ON Paranoid Mode, so that you can Allow the rules manually".