Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will I Need Another Licence?

Options

Hi Christian,

I have now BDIS license for 3 PC's. On dougter's PC are now 2 Windows systems installed - WinXP (for older games) and Win7 via double boot. I'm not sure, what licence for 1 PC means: Is it license for HW or for OS? Will I need buy another license, or can install BDIS on both systems (on same computer)?

Thanks for Your answer.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi K.Mares, and welcome :)

Just pretend I'm Christian in disguise :ph34r::)

Yes, you can install Bitdefender on both OS on your partitioned hard drive, as I have done on this PC (Windows 7 and Windows 8 partition). Bitdefender license is per OS install, so in your above scenario, and as in mine, it will use up two of the three license keys, as per each time it's registered. This will also differentiate the operating systems in your My Bitdefender account (image below, of my partitioned Bitdefender accounts) http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=34985

Be sure to confirm that the Windows XP OS meets the minimum system requirements for a proper installation and functioning of BD. See this link and on the left hand side, System Requirements: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html

I have no problem if you wish to wait for Christian's confirmation :)

Kind regards,

Scott

• columbo
    Options

K.Mares, please wait for Christian's confirmation as I tried to edit my post, as in the link I provided may prove me wrong, in that only one key would be used up on a dual boot configuration, and not by it's being registered i.e. HW cp. to OS.

Sorry for any confusion.

• Hello all,

As far I know, licenses are counted per PC and NOT per OSs. That's what Christian mentions in his post linked by columbo.

Two, three (or more) OSs running on the same PC use only one license.

This is normal and logical cause you cannot run more than one OS at the same time on the same PC, unless you have Harry Potter's one :D .

Regards

• columbo
    Options

Thank you werby3 for saving me from myself. I saw and read the link, but it didn't link it to my head..it's one of those days that I should have stayed off the forum and gone to Hogwarts instead, or a nice Greek island ;)

• MaresK
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi columbo and werby3,

thanks for your answers and link to similar thread, that i missed. I will wait for Christian's confirmation, but according to thread, that you linked, is BD licensed to motherboard.

I'm using now BDIS on 3 PC's, but only one PC (the doughter's PC with X48 chipset) has now BDIS 2013 installed. I have on my PC (Win7 x64 on X79 chipset) BDIS 2011 installed and for doughter's XP will use BDIS 2011 too (thus no problems with BDIS installation on XP) - my original license is BDIS 2011 based (two times renewed) because of BDIS 2011 firewall.

I installed now Win8 Pro on my PC too (on separated disk, but still with Windows Defender only) and I'm searching for Win8 AV software package with firewall, which will be totally under my control (with notify option, etc.) and cooperating with good AV software. I don't want BDIS 2013 firewall, that from my point of view in its current form degrades whole package, on my rig at all...