Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Computer

Options

Greetings,

I used to have a computer with the Bitdefender essential 2013 on it. Today I bought a new computer and after I installed the product again, I failed to activate the licence key. Somehow it says my key is invalid, is there any possible way of reactivating that key? Or do I just need to purchase a new product?

I'm running now the product as a trial version.

Any help appreciated

kind regards

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello, you can reinstall the product without losing the validity of your license key. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

• Hello, you can reinstall the product without losing the validity of your license key. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Georgia,

I want to uninstall bitdefender 2013 anti-virus from one computer and install it on a different computer without losing the license. I purchased a product that gives me three installations. When I installed the software on an older Toshiba laptop running windows XP SP3 it completely slowed down the system to the point where it is really not useful. So I want to remove the Bitdefender software and again be allowed three installations. How do I do this?

saron

• Possibly it's due to the specs on the toshiba laptop. What is the Processor and Memory here? smile2.png

• Possibly it's due to the specs on the toshiba laptop. What is the Processor and Memory here? smile2.png

It is a Toshiba Satellite-A100 TA2 system model PSAA8C-TA202C

"My Computer" Reports:

Toshiba MSAT010A1V03

Intel T1350 @ 1.86 BHz

Windows XP Media Center

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

It was running fine with Microsoft Security Essentials. Another forum member commented they used Avast anti-virus, installed Bitdefender, encountered a similar slow down in computer performance and uninstalled Bitdefender to regain previous computer performance and went back to Avast.

my computer also has 1 GB RAM and the label on the computer indicates it uses an Intel Centrino so the full spec is

Toshiba Satellite-A100 TA2 system model PSAA8C-TA202C

"My Computer" Reports:

Toshiba MSAT010A1V03

Intel T1350 @ 1.86 BHz

1 GB RAM

Windows XP Media Center

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

• werby3
    Options
    ...When I installed the software on an older Toshiba laptop running windows XP SP3 it completely slowed down the system to the point where it is really not useful. So I want to remove the Bitdefender software and again be allowed three installations...

Hello saron2006,

Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done for your old laptop. I've also faced the same situation with my old laptop having similar specifications even after a fresh/clean XP installation.

As for your license, it counts per PC and NOT per installation. So, you can always have the same license on three different PCs regardless of the number of installations which are unlimited for each one of them. If you remove BD from your old laptop you'll still have your license available for 3 PCs.

Regards

• coolcool1227
    Options
    @saroon2006: Upgrade your RAM.
  • Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@ saron2006:

Indeed, the main reason the laptop is slow is because it does not meet the recommended requirements for running Bitdefender 2013.

However, if you wish to keep protecting Toshiba Satellite-A100 TA2 with Bitdefender we can replace your existing license key with one available for previous Bitdefender versions, compatible with the current hardware configuration. They key will also work with Bitdefender 2013 (for the new PCs).

Otherwise, as werby3 already mentioned, you can simply use the key to register Bitdefender 2013 on another computer.

Please let me know what you decide.

• Hello,

@ saron2006:

Indeed, the main reason the laptop is slow is because it does not meet the recommended requirements for running Bitdefender 2013.

However, if you wish to keep protecting Toshiba Satellite-A100 TA2 with Bitdefender we can replace your existing license key with one available for previous Bitdefender versions, compatible with the current hardware configuration. They key will also work with Bitdefender 2013 (for the new PCs).

Otherwise, as werby3 already mentioned, you can simply use the key to register Bitdefender 2013 on another computer.

Please let me know what you decide.

Georgia,

If the new key you supply would allow me to load either the 2012 or 2013 versions then I would like to take your offer of a replacement key.

What would I be losing by going to the earlier 2012 version?

Would it still slow down the computer somewhat?

Would the bitdefender free edition slow down the laptop?

What would I be losing by going to the free edition?

Thanks.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

Bitdefender 2013, 2012, 2011 and Bitdefender Free Edition require almost the same system requirements to work at full speed.

With the hardware configuration you mentioned earlier, it would be OK to use Bitdefender 2009. This program comes with daily updates of the virus signatures and also offers real-time protection to ensure maximum security, just like the current versions. The only difference is that it does not include some of the features (like Safepay).

For more information, here is the userguide of the recommended Bitdefender product:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serguide_en.pdf

Please let me know how would you like to proceed. Thanks. :)

• Hi,

Bitdefender 2013, 2012, 2011 and Bitdefender Free Edition require almost the same system requirements to work at full speed.

With the hardware configuration you mentioned earlier, it would be OK to use Bitdefender 2009. This program comes with daily updates of the virus signatures and also offers real-time protection to ensure maximum security, just like the current versions. The only difference is that it does not include some of the features (like Safepay).

For more information, here is the userguide for the recommended Bitdefender product:

Georgia,

I would like to take your offer of a replacement license key that would allow me to use the 2009 version or the current version. That way I can make use of the three licenses included in the software product I purchased, matching the version to the different computers that I have.

(I assume that although you did not mention it specifically, that the 2010 version would also not work well on my older laptop. Is that a correct assumption?)

I have already uninstalled the one Antivirus 2013 installation I had done on the Toshiba laptop. Will you send the new key to me as a personal message? Also let me know where to download the 2009 version of the program. Thanks.

• Hi,

For more information, here is the userguide for the recommended Bitdefender product:

Georgia,

I want to go ahead and get a new key as you offered. I'm still waiting for your response.

Let's get this fixed now please!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ saron2006 : I opened the ticket ID 201304181004346 in our system, so my colleagues from Customer Service dept. can email you the new key. You should receive their message in maximum 24 - 48 hours.

In the meantime, please follow these steps to make sure Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 installs correctly on your Toshiba machine (you can activate the product as a 30-day trial version to keep the system protected until you receive the new key by email):

1) Firstly please run this tool, which will prepare the computer by removing any remaining files of Bitdefender 2013 (if you uninstalled the product from Control Panel you will still need to run this tool):

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Save it on the PC and run it > hit 'Uninstall' > restart Windows when prompted (it may take a few minutes to complete this task so please be patient until it asks for a reboot).

2) Download Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2009_32b.exe

Save it on your PC, then run it to begin the installation.

3) Now, regarding the registration of the license key: Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 comes with 30-day trial period.

As soon as you receive the 20-digit license key from us, bring up the product interface and click the "Register" link, located at the bottom of the Bitdefender window. The registration wizard will appear:

- select I want to register the product with a new key

- type the license key in the edit field

Please note that you do not need to reinstall the product to activate the full validity. Just follow the step 3.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to reply here or to our email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.