Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will Not Install

Options

I have to say that I am VERY disappointed with Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

I have tried a number of times to install the software with no gain ensuring traces of previous AVG have been removed.

I am very busy and I do not have the time to spend on software that does not install at the first try.

This product is not fit for purpose and I wish to claim a full refund.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi TheTyke, and welcome :)

Sorry to hear about not being able to install Bitdefender in a timely and hassle free way. If you wanted to consider some of the ideas we could pass along to you, in trying to get Bitdefender installed, could you confirm that you used the AVG uninstall tool? Did you receive any BD install error messages? What your OS is, and your basic PC specs are.

We here in this forum do have some ideas we could try that may take a little time, but may be worth it. I'll leave that up to you in as far as any response to the questions I asked.

Otherwise, you may receive faster refund support from these other options: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,

Scott

• Scott

Many thanks for your words of advice and I can confirm that I used all the requisite uninstall tools prior to attempting an install.

I am not going to get into a lengthy have you tried this, have you tried that discussion as I do not have the time to spare.

Simple fact is the product should install when it is supposed to!

I have products from Adobe, Corel and Microsoft that installed with no problems at all and I expect that from what is supposed to be a top of the range virus protection system.

This product has taken minutes of my life that could have been better spent doing something else.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to reply back.

Please consider the link I gave you for chat and phone support, as you may receive quicker results using those avenues.

Have a good weekend,

Scott

• Scott

I like your support and because of that once I get my refund (Already submitted through contact link you gave) I will review this forum to see if the bugs have been ironed out and I may look at getting Bitdefender in the future. :)

Regards, Andy Tate (TheTyke)

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for the kind words, Andy, and for keeping Bitdefender in mind for a possible future install.

When that day comes ;) post back with us, and we'd be happy to try to get you up and running, should you need or desire our help.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and spirit :)

Scott

• Georgia
    Options

Hi Andy,

We regret if we put you through any inconvenience, however you have all of our attention if you wish to give our product another chance. We can try to investigate what is happening on your computer and how Bitdefender can be set up in order to respond to your needs.

In order to be able to assist you, could you please post your ticket ID so I can see the history of the issues that you have encountered and the state in which you are now? I will make sure to respond to you in the shortest time possible.

Thank you! :)