Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2013 Total Security Stuck At Registration Panel

Options

Dear support,

I would like to get a solution for the following problem:

I had an Bitdefender 2012 Total security installation on my Windows 7 computer.

Today, uninstalled everything and installed windows 8.

Found out that the 2012 version isn't compatible with Win 8 and found out I just had to download (direct link) the 2013 version.

I did this, and everything works fine until I have to register my product. I still have 100+ days left on my 2012 subscription (also Total security)

The problem itself:

If I select the first option (purchased product) and I type in my activation key, it tells me it's a valid one (Yes!) But when I click "Next", nothing happens. I clicked close after a while and everything seemed fine but it isn't. I can't get the main window to popup when I click on the "show" option on the tray icon.

So, I uninstalled the whole thing with the tool you support.

Re-installed it and same problem.

Uninstalled it again, this time trying to use the Trial option and try to register later on. Same problem, the "Next" button doesn't do anything and closing just makes the software run, but won't show-up when I want it to. (the main menu)

Any help on this particular issue?

Thanks in advance!

Bjoris

Comments

• Dear support,

I would like to get a solution for the following problem:

I had an Bitdefender 2012 Total security installation on my Windows 7 computer.

Today, uninstalled everything and installed windows 8.

Found out that the 2012 version isn't compatible with Win 8 and found out I just had to download (direct link) the 2013 version.

I did this, and everything works fine until I have to register my product. I still have 100+ days left on my 2012 subscription (also Total security)

The problem itself:

If I select the first option (purchased product) and I type in my activation key, it tells me it's a valid one (Yes!) But when I click "Next", nothing happens. I clicked close after a while and everything seemed fine but it isn't. I can't get the main window to popup when I click on the "show" option on the tray icon.

So, I uninstalled the whole thing with the tool you support.

Re-installed it and same problem.

Uninstalled it again, this time trying to use the Trial option and try to register later on. Same problem, the "Next" button doesn't do anything and closing just makes the software run, but won't show-up when I want it to. (the main menu)

Any help on this particular issue?

Thanks in advance!

Bjoris

Hi Bjoris. I have the EXACT same problem you are having. I posted my problem under 2012, Installation though. You might want to read some of the solutions that Columbo had me try. Unfortunately they did not work for me, but give them a try, you never know. Mike

• Bjoris
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hi Bjoris. I have the EXACT same problem you are having. I posted my problem under 2012, Installation though. You might want to read some of the solutions that Columbo had me try. Unfortunately they did not work for me, but give them a try, you never know. Mike

Thanks for the quick reaction! Will take a look and report back!

Greets,

Bjoris

EDIT:

you have indeed the same problem. Maybe your last post on your thread might be more important than we think... I also have the Classic shell installed...

Trying some other things instead first. Like, I don't have microsoft framework installed,... (Clean install from today) so I thought the problem might be there.

Could you, if you want to ofcourse, try the classic shell problem?

• Thanks for the quick reaction! Will take a look and report back!

Greets,

Bjoris

EDIT:

you have indeed the same problem. Maybe your last post on your thread might be more important than we think... I also have the Classic shell installed...

Trying some other things instead first. Like, I don't have microsoft framework installed,... (Clean install from today) so I thought the problem might be there.

Could you, if you want to ofcourse, try the classic shell problem?

Hello again, I have installed and uninstalled at least 5 times. As you can read Columbo can not think of a fix as yet. I was going to uninstall Classic Shell, and try that, but I have everthing set up and running great at this point, I do not want to keep pushing my luck and try that yet. If you want to try it...go for it, and let me know. Thanks, Mike

• Hello again, I have installed and uninstalled at least 5 times. As you can read Columbo can not think of a fix as yet. I was going to uninstall Classic Shell, and try that, but I have everthing set up and running great at this point, I do not want to keep pushing my luck and try that yet. If you want to try it...go for it, and let me know. Thanks, Mike

Ok, just need a fast respons:

did you have framework installed or not?

• Not sure. I get everything that comes along with the Windows Updates. How can I check for you, for sure. Mike

• After 4 reinstalls:

- Classic Shell ain't the problem

- Nor does the lack of framework did

Dear support,

any help?

Thanks in advance,

Bjoris

• After 4 reinstalls:

- Classic Shell ain't the problem

- Nor does the lack of framework did

Dear support,

any help?

Thanks in advance,

Bjoris

Thanks for the update, Mike

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Bjoris,

Please provide me with your Bitdefender license key via PM

Thank you! :)

• Hello Bjoris,

Please provide me with your Bitdefender license key via PM

Thank you! :)

Dear Georgia,

thanks for the reaction. However, I got it working by now.

As I remember of previous versions of Windows, sometimes you just got to do it all over again...

That's exactly what I did. I just reformatted my SSD, reinstalled Windows 8. However, this time I changed the order of installing programs.

I started by updating windows 8 (which I didn't do before) itself and installed all drivers (like I did before) before installing Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

After that, I used the executable that downloads Bitdefender and I got past the activation screen this time! (The button worked perfectly)

Bitdefender is up and running now, but still thanks for your help.

So to everybody who just reinstalled there system and did get this error, one of the possible solutions is just REINSTALL windows!

Greets,

Bjoris

• Georgia
    Options

Bjoris, I'm very glad to notice that you managed to solve the issue!

However, if you ever run again into such a situation with the Bitdefender registration, it's better to contact Bitdefender Technical Support office by calling, using the live chat feature on our website, or to email us. We can provide you with faster and less intrusive methods. Here are our direct contact details, we are available 24/7:

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

I will close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.