Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problems Installing Internet Security 2013

Options

Hello.

I bought the 3 computers/1 year version of this program - the disk version. I have had a huge amount of trouble trying to install it onto my son's computer, which runs VISTA.

First, Bitdefender deleted the previous antivirus software I had on that pc (Trend), and when the pc rebooted, the installation didnt continue, so I had to open it up again, and hit the Install button. All seemed to be going ok with the installation and I had a Installation Completed message come up. Nothing else happened, but I saw there were two greyed out icons on my desktop, so I clicked on both in turn. I received a message saying seccenter.exe could not be found, and I should manually search for it. A search proved useless, and as I could not get the installation to go any further, I uninstalled and tried installing again.

This time a message said installation failed because of a previous version of the software was on the pc. I used the delete option. That failed. I tried the repair option. That failed.

I went to your Support Centre and found an article that seemed to relate to my problems, which asked me to check that my pc spec matched the requirements for this program (it did). It then gave an uninstall tool to save and put onto my desktop. I followed all the instructions, and uninstalled using the tool, then tried to re-install. Again installation failed.

I repeated the process more times than I can count, following the instructions on the Support Centre's page. After 4 hours I gave up.

I uninstalled again, and searched for a free antivirus software program to use until I decided on my next step (i still had 2 pcs which needed antivirus and wasn't sure if I wanted to risk trying Bitdefender on them).

I installed the trial version of AVG on the VISTA. I then installed a trial version of AVG's Disk Doctor and ran this. The pc crashed and is now displaying black screen. You cant even try to open the computer in Safe Mode.

I DID manage to install Bitdefender on my daughter's pc (a Windows XP model). I think it may be having arguements with SuperantiSpyware which is installed on that machine - but it didn't "ask" to remove that old program when doing its install.

I am still undecided about this software, and whether it is right for me, as it seems very complicated and may or may not be responsible for a black screen crach on the VISTA machine. I have been using computers for over 20 years and thought I was reasonably good with them, but pc problems like this are beyond me. Any advise on these problems would be gratefully received.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

Have you used the offline kits for the installation? We have integrated the latest product update this month and they are up to date:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!