Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Recover Files Disinfected/deleted By Bitdefender 2013

coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Feature request

I am thinking that the infected file which are deleted i.e.moves to a temporary location protected by Bitdefender similar to Quarantine. And that is why there is an option provide to Recover it. The difference between the Quarantine and this option is that in the former case, the infections are encyrpted and then stored while in the later case I think that some Sandbox type technology is used to prevent it from spreading after storage.

In the Events there is mentioned disinfected instead of delete.

Any idea?

Comments

• I am thinking that the infected file which are deleted i.e.moves to a temporary location protected by Bitdefender similar to Quarantine. And that is why there is an option provide to Recover it. The difference between the Quarantine and this option is that in the former case, the infections are encyrpted and then stored while in the later case I think that some Sandbox type technology is used to prevent it from spreading after storage.

In the Events there is mentioned disinfected instead of delete.

Any idea?

That's a very good question. I had some files quarantined, and I have no way of retrieving them. That is a SERIOUS problem. I'm not sure how this was released without an option to retrieve quarantined files. This seems like a VERY basic requirement to be met prior to release.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello,

All the malware that is process by an antivirus engine are disinfected.

The disinfection routine applies the action depending on the malware: the file will be disinfected (if infected by a file infector), move to quarantine or deleted(for trojans, worms, etc).

Also a precaution measure, we implemented the Recover option via Events for false alarms. In this way, the user can recover the file no matter what.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38212

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.