Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts Installation Won't Run

Options

I tried running the installation from normal and safemode. both without success.

Tried removing Kaspersky (my previous anti virus), tried with the bitdefender uninstaller. Run both in safemode all without success either.

I am running on Windows 7 sp1, meeting all the system requirements.

By the way, when I was uninstalling Bitdefender, there is a red X on one of the item, not sure if this is the cause.

post-134186-1362938851_thumb.jpg

post-134186-1362939355_thumb.jpg

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options
  • myneo
    Options

I am running on 64 bits. Trying the advance method of removing antivirus. Will update here. :)

• myneo
    Options
    I am running on 64 bits. Trying the advance method of removing antivirus. Will update here. :)

tried with all the recommended solution but it still failed to start.

Uninstall bitdefender with uninstaller.

run ccleaner

argente utilities

and runscanner

tried with both normal mode and safemode. Still fails. :(

Followed the instruction from here. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33962

• coolcool1227
    Options

failed with same error?

Shortcut:

Disconnect internet connection after downloading offline setup and try the following procedure:

On failed installations Antivirus extract offline setup by right clicking on that. You may need some compression software e.g 7-zip for that.

e.g in case of Bitdefender,extract its offline setup, locate and execute the file "installerpackage.exe". This will create new file having the name "installer.exe", locate it and execute it with Administrative rights and follow on-screen instructions.

This method also help you in installing Bitdefender in the situation in which the system was already badly infected by viruses and Antivirus failed to install in a normal way and setup closes automatically during extraction.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello MyNEO,

When running the Bitdefender uninstall tool is normal to have some entries marked as X. The tool is searching for all the Bitdefender products associated with that suite and there is no way to have them all installed.

Now, regarding the installation error "The application can not be run on your machine", could you please tell me if you are trying to install from the Bitdefender DVD? If you are, please try to use the full installation kit, from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Let me know how is everything going. :)

• myneo
    Options
    failed with same error?

Shortcut:

Disconnect internet connection after downloading offline setup and try the following procedure:

On failed installations Antivirus extract offline setup by right clicking on that. You may need some compression software e.g 7-zip for that.

e.g in case of Bitdefender,extract its offline setup, locate and execute the file "installerpackage.exe". This will create new file having the name "installer.exe", locate it and execute it with Administrative rights and follow on-screen instructions.

This method also help you in installing Bitdefender in the situation in which the system was already badly infected by viruses and Antivirus failed to install in a normal way and setup closes automatically during extraction.

This works... thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to hear this. Since the issue is now resolved, I declare this topic closed.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day! :)

This discussion has been closed.