Wallet Issue On W8

zoli62
edited March 2013 in Feature request

The Wallet module causes crash on W8 Pro. This issue may come up if we turn on / off the Wallet module. Otherwise, this is a useful feature, it would be a detailed description. Unfortunately, if you have set a master password, we can not subsequently to modify or delete. In case we turn off the module Wallet, next time we see that it is on, so this certain switch has no effect. I think this behavior is related to the caused error. In addition, the master password request can not be adjusted so that instead of to log on to Windows, open the browser, on the contrary, it will always return to the default setting.

Comments

• Yes, i am running windows 8 (not the PRO version) and im having this exact problem too.

This is a big security risk if someone gets physical access to your computer if you cannot change the settings of Wallet to ask for password before filling. (work laptops in risk of being stolen etc)

Please Bitdefender staff, this needs to be fixed !

• The Wallet module causes crash on W8 Pro. This issue may come up if we turn on / off the Wallet module. Otherwise, this is a useful feature, it would be a detailed description. Unfortunately, if you have set a master password, we can not subsequently to modify or delete. In case we turn off the module Wallet, next time we see that it is on, so this certain switch has no effect. I think this behavior is related to the caused error. In addition, the master password request can not be adjusted so that instead of to log on to Windows, open the browser, on the contrary, it will always return to the default setting.

Just Disable BD Wallet And use Lastpass(Free for desktops/laptop usage).

• Just Disable BD Wallet And use Lastpass(Free for desktops/laptop usage).

Bitdefender wallet reenables after each reboot and continues to save from all supported browsers.

If i uncheck chrome and IE Bitdefender puts checks back in boxes as soon as i leave window.

If i change settings for wallet or disable wallet alltogether, its back to defaults after reboot.

Im using Bitdefender 2014 total security, windows 8 64 basic (not pro)

Id love to use the wallet but i need to change the settings for it to keep it secure for my usage.

Is a fix coming for this bitdefender crew ? :)