Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Generic Trojan

Options

Hi,

I have BD Internet Security V10 and it detected the following:

Summary:

C:\Documents and Settings\Assila\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\zlpgfmmn.default\Mail\Local Folders\Junk=>(message 706) Infected: Generic.Trojan.Phish.30A3307B

C:\Documents and Settings\Assila\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\zlpgfmmn.default\Mail\Local Folders\Junk=>(message 706) Disinfection failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Assila\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\zlpgfmmn.default\Mail\Local Folders\Junk=>(message 706) Move failed

What do I have to do to get rid of this Trojan?

Thanks

George

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi George

I recommend that you remove all mails that are stored in the junk mail folder. See if that works.

It could be that you have to temporary disable the realtime protection only when you can't remove them.

Regards

Niels

• sidoram
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Hi George

I recommend that you remove all mails that are stored in the junk mail folder. See if that works.

It could be that you have to temporary disable the realtime protection only when you can't remove them.

Regards

Niels

It worked Thanks

• Niels
    Options

Hi Greg

Glad it works. It was a pleasure to help you.

Regards

Niels

• anselme
    Options

I am getting exactly the same than Goeorges but the junk folders are empty, and compacted

• vladx
    Options

Are you saying that in your case, BD detects the same malware and on the same location as George?

• Niels
    Options

Hi anselme

Then it could be that the mail isn't moved to the junk folder. Then I recommend to delete the mail in your inbox. After that compact again.

Regards

Niels

• anselme
    Options
    Hi anselme

Then it could be that the mail isn't moved to the junk folder. Then I recommend to delete the mail in your inbox. After that compact again.

Regards

Niels

Thank you Niels. i'll try next time

that sounds really strange to get virus in an empty folder :-)

• Niels
    Options

Hi anselme

If the spamfilter of thunderbird marks a mail as spam it will be automatically transferred to the junk folder.

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels