Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti Spam Wizard Crash

Options

I've just bought and installed BD 2008 after many years with another high profile IS company. After setting my preferences and such I then fired up Outlook 2007. The antispam toolbar loaded fine, but...

As soon as I hit the 'Wizard' button, it crashes. I get an onscreen error msg asking if I want to send the information to Microsoft (the usual msg you get when a Microsoft application fails).

Now I've read through the forum, tried a number of suggestions, uninstalled and cleaned out my registry, re downloaded the file, reinstalled etcetc.

It still throws up the error msg and closes Outlook. This is very frustrating as I made the bold move from another fine antispam program because a colleague of mine recommended your firewall app.

I'm a programmer so I've checked all the right files, dll's and such. I can't find anyone else with this problem so I'm hoping someone can light the way for a fix to this very annoying bug.

cheers

Avalon.

Comments

• iskenderc
    edited February 2008
    Options

Exactly the same thing which was explained above by Avalon happened to my computer and I have found no answer at all till now. I will be glad to hear a solution. On the other hand if the spam toolbar of BitDefender Internet security 2008 is open and active in the Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook stays in memory even if i close it with the upperright corner tick. Any solution. Thanks

• One more thing to add.

I find nothing in relation to Bitdefnder 2008 in tools,options,others,advanced options,com add-ins section of Microsoft Outlook 2003.

• I have had the same problem since I installed Internet Security 2008. I have been trying to get email support for this since November and can't seem to get any help. I submitted log files and other files as requested, but never got a response. I'm pretty fed up with Bitdefender, which I used to like very much. They finally offered me an extension of my two-year subscription, but still no help in fixing the problem.

• Hi,

What says Dr. Watson ?

Computermanger

System - System is here an Error for this Time, when start Outlook

double klick

greets

loony

• I think I found a solution myself. If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and winfax of Symantec. Go to below given address and do the requirements

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxpr...9c?OpenDocument

After you do these settings, Outlook won't stay in the memory, "outllok has encounterd a problem..." will not be seen when you close outlook and antispam bar of bitdefender will work fine in Outlook. Expecting to hear soon.