Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Problem - Microsoft Essentials

Options

I have sent a message to Tekcar, but need an answer, so am posting here in addition.

I have the same problem as listed here and several other postings, e.g., http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...tials+uninstall

I have spend several hours trying to get rid of all traces of Essentials without success, BitDefender keeps detecting it. I have tried everything I have found on the Web, even a custom batch file.

System: Windows 7x64 Enterprise

Also, Bit Defender will try to un-install and reboot, but still detects SE.

I have tried the Fixit from Microsoft, and tried manually deleting the registry fields and folders, even ran the following batch file I found that a Microsoft posted (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start/uninstalling-mse/a63b8c4b-58ed-437e-8086-fa08d80725a4), all with no success, please help.

--No Antivirus protection in California :(

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Locate and delete the following entries from regisrty and then try to install Bitdefender from its offline installer

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E62A1F01-07B7-4541-A835-EE5B0BF064C2}

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{95C9C76F-ECF3-40FA-94F8-5DDFB6BAF40D}

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9D046B26-7978-47CD-91E6-AC3C1DFBC3D0}

4) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{0F842B77-56EA-4AAF-8295-81A022350B5E}

5) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello pcbwiz and welcome! :)

Please post back if you need further assistance and let me know what Bitdefender product are you trying to install.

• pcbwiz
    Options

Hi Georgia,

I still need help. Unfortunately, the registry entries posted by ONT are not present. (Could they be in some archived or remapped somewhere the way that Win7 does its virtual mapping?)

How can I tell which version?

The exe says: bitdefender_full_x64.exe.

Size is 170MB (178,395,961)

Modified date is 2/1/2013 11:22 AM

Thank you in advance

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

hmmm......Extract offline installer with some compression software e.g 7Zip etc, locate the folder named "extern", open it and locate the xml file for the Microsoft Security Essential, just delete it to the Recycle Bin. Then go back to the Parent Folder and locate and execute the file "installerpackage.exe". This will create new file having the name "installer.exe", locate it and execute it with Administrative rights and follow on-screen instructions.

Actually the registry entries which I posted in my previous post are ontained in that xml file for Security Essential.

By the way from where you download the Bitdefender product?

• pcbwiz
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi ONT,

Where can I find the offline installation?

<edit> I just tried extracting the EXE and was able to do that.

<edit> I found an extern.exe, which I was able to extract also. There is a file called mse.xml.

<edit> I don't see the installerpackage file. I believe I will need to download from somewhere?

The software was from my IT department, and they don't have time to deal with it, so here I am...

Thanks for the quick reply.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

No, you don't need to repack the package, just run the installer.exe

As Georgia asked, what product you are trying to install?

Full offline installation kits are here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

• coolcool1227
    Options

Kindly tell us the Product Name and version you are trying to install and the full name of the file.

And I am talking about the "extern" folder created after extraction and not the extern.exe

• pcbwiz
    Options

Hi ONT,

I am waiting for a response from our IT for the full name. They showed me the PDF on screen, I didn't have a chance to write it down, but it was something like Total BitDefender Endpoint Security solution, 2013.

I will take a look at the offline packages and let you know how that goes.

Thank you

Kindly tell us the Product Name and version you are trying to install and the full name of the file.

And I am talking about the "extern" folder created after extraction and not the extern.exe

• pcbwiz
    edited March 2013
    Options

More info: Our IT says we have individual licenses for Endpoint Client only, and the full download might have stuff in it that we are not licensed for.

One last ditch effort:

I ran my registry deletion batch file again, and noticed a message:

C:\TEMP>REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware" /f

ERROR: Access is denied.

A quick search revealed something wrong in the trusted installed (I kind of already knew that). Aftr another targeted search and found a solution that worked to remove it:

Grabbing the ptools from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897553.aspx

Executing: p###ec -i -d -s c:\windows\regdit

Now, I could delete the registry key.... I was having trouble taking ownership of it....

The original installer from our IT department is running. It is some sort of custom install that supports just what we are licensed for.

So, it looks like I am all set,

Thank you for your help.

Hi ONT,

I am waiting for a response from our IT for the full name. They showed me the PDF on screen, I didn't have a chance to write it down, but it was something like Total BitDefender Endpoint Security solution, 2013.

I will take a look at the offline packages and let you know how that goes.

Thank you

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I'm glad to notice that everything is OK now. Thank you for posting back with your results :)

- I declare this topic closed -

This discussion has been closed.