Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Since Installing Bd, Shared Settings Are Not Working

Options

Hi,

Since installing BD, I experience a strange issue and I would like to know if you could help me troubleshoot it.

I have 2 PC's and I share folders from the main to the 2nd PC. Usually media folders like movies and music which are on external HDD's.

Sometimes (usually after a reboot but not always), the sharing settings is lost.

So if I right click on a folder and set to be shared with Home network, then click on Share, it will be shared.

But... at times, when I try to access it from the 2nd computer I get a message that the destination is not available.

If I look on the sharing settings, the home network is still there but I have to click on 'Share' again in order to access it from the 2nd computer as if to refresh it.

I hope I made myself clear. Do you think you could help me with this one?

Thanks,

Gil

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Gil,

Do you have other security solutions installed on the same PC?

Please tell me the startup type for Internet Connection Sharing from Windows services. (Start > run / search box > services.msc > Enter)

• Gil80
    Options
    Hi Gil,

Do you have other security solutions installed on the same PC?

Please tell me the startup type for Internet Connection Sharing from Windows services. (Start > run / search box > services.msc > Enter)

I don't have any other security solutions installed.

The startup type is Automatic, however when I look at it now, its' Status is Stopped.

So how come if it's on Automatic it didn't start?

• Just to test this, can you try turning off paranoid mode? And also, to isolate the issue, try to disable the BD firewall, restart and see if ICS is up and running. smile2.png

• Gil80
    Options
    Just to test this, can you try turning off paranoid mode? And also, to isolate the issue, try to disable the BD firewall, restart and see if ICS is up and running. smile2.png

The firewall was always off but I have no idea what's paranoid mode. Can you please explain?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hi Gil80 :)

If you got to Settings/Firewall (also from Firewall panel/Settings) you will see towards the bottom, Alert Intensity to enable Paranoid mode. Turn this on, restart your PC, and you should get more frequent pop ups to allow or deny application requests.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Share us the system specs and OS details.

Also fully scan your system or try to repair your system using sfc command and Windows CD/DVD.

Some feature requests that may relate to the current issue are already posted.

System Processes

and

Adding Windows Services To The Exclusions

• Gil80
    Options

I do not use bitdefneder firewall nor windows firewall.

I use my router's firewall. Never had issues with sharing locally.

my system specs:

My RIG:

win7 64 bit SP1 (latest updates installed)

Intel core i7 3770k OC 4.5Ghz

Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe BIOS 1805 Rev 1.xx

16GB 4x4GB corsair Vengence CML16GX3M4A1600C9B 9-9-9-24 (XMP profile)

Intel 520 240GB SSD (Tested for errors using Intel Utility - Pass)

WD 1TB black HDD

AMD Sepphire HD6950 2GB Dirt3 edition Driver 13.2

SFC /Scannow is ok.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Ok, add your Router's IP address to the Bitdefender Firewall Rules if you turned it ON, otherwise create a rule for your system IP Adress in the Firewall of the Router.

• Gil80
    Options
    Ok, add your Router's IP address to the Bitdefender Firewall Rules if you turned it ON, otherwise create a rule for your system IP Adress in the Firewall of the Router.

It doesn't help

• Hi,

Since installing BD, I experience a strange issue and I would like to know if you could help me troubleshoot it.

I have 2 PC's and I share folders from the main to the 2nd PC. Usually media folders like movies and music which are on external HDD's.

Sometimes (usually after a reboot but not always), the sharing settings is lost.

So if I right click on a folder and set to be shared with Home network, then click on Share, it will be shared.

But... at times, when I try to access it from the 2nd computer I get a message that the destination is not available.

If I look on the sharing settings, the home network is still there but I have to click on 'Share' again in order to access it from the 2nd computer as if to refresh it.

I hope I made myself clear. Do you think you could help me with this one?

Thanks,

Gil

This is what I did, I had the same issue, I had my laptop and desktop shared by my local network and when I installed BD stopped working. But checking the Firewall options I find out the solution to my problem, now I can connect to both computers. Also found the official support from BD Support after I figured it out. Here is the link: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-canno...twork-1098.html

So what I did:

Open Bitdefender

Settings

Firewall

Adapter Rules

Add Zone

And I had a list with IPs and found my laptop computer IP there (if you do not know yours, open cmd.exe (command prompt console) and type "ipconfig" it will tell you your local IP). If your IP does not appear in the list, I think you can add the IP of your computer there. Then I selected Allowed. and OK.

Hope it works for you ! Good luck !

• coolcool1227
    Options

Turn Off the Stealth Mode from Manage Adapter options. Also share the snapshot of that error while you accessing the network system.