Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstall Bitdefender

Options

Has anyone had any problems removing Bitdefender 8? I am about to remove it and want to make sure I can uninstall it with windows add/remove programs before trying it. I don't want BD to cause further problems.

Anyone ever remove it successfully?

Thanks

Warren

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Warren,

To completely remove a BitDefender installation, besides using the Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel, you should use BitDefender Uninstall Tool.

On the other hand... BitDefender 8 is a very old version. I don't think anyone can remember what problems existed at uninstalling it (I, for instance, can't remember. But I installed BDv9 easily, so I guess there weren't any problems in removing v8).

Cris.

• warrentaylor
    edited February 2008
    Options

I made a mistake I meant to say BD IS 2008 - the current stuff. I read the *slow* BD website FAQ and have download the uninstall tool from them. I guess I'll just use the XP uninstall and keep the BD program in my backpocket in case it doesn't work. I also have a registry cleaner that I can use as well.

Well, I'd like to say its been fun....