Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antiphishing Filter Crashing Ie7 On Vista

Options

I am currently running BitDefender 2008 AntiVirus on a Vista 32-bit Dell. When I open an Adobe PDF document from IE7, the document will display and then I get the error of IEToolbar.dll Error, this is an unidentified error caused by BitDefender. When I Google this I haven't found anyone else with this problem. I did NOT have this problem until today, and I cannot determine if a BitDefender update, which I got late yesterday or a Vista IE7 update which I got late yesterday caused this error to start happening.

Befor eyou Vista bashers start, I know for a FACT it is NOT IE7, as when I disable the BitDefender AntiPhishing Toolbar the Adobe PDF opens fine and does not close IE7. However, this causes an error and exclamation on my main BitDefender, and when I choose to Fix Issues it re-enables the AntiPhishing Filter and then the problem happens. It ONLY happens when I open an Adobe PDF file though. When I open Word or Excel files from IE7, everything works, but when I open an Adobe PDF file I get the ietoolbar.dll error, and when I choose to Continue it closes Explorer.

There must be a compatiability issue with BitDefender and Adobe.

Comments

• I am currently running BitDefender 2008 AntiVirus on a Vista 32-bit Dell. When I open an Adobe PDF document from IE7, the document will display and then I get the error of IEToolbar.dll Error, this is an unidentified error caused by BitDefender. When I Google this I haven't found anyone else with this problem. I did NOT have this problem until today, and I cannot determine if a BitDefender update, which I got late yesterday or a Vista IE7 update which I got late yesterday caused this error to start happening.

Befor eyou Vista bashers start, I know for a FACT it is NOT IE7, as when I disable the BitDefender AntiPhishing Toolbar the Adobe PDF opens fine and does not close IE7. However, this causes an error and exclamation on my main BitDefender, and when I choose to Fix Issues it re-enables the AntiPhishing Filter and then the problem happens. It ONLY happens when I open an Adobe PDF file though. When I open Word or Excel files from IE7, everything works, but when I open an Adobe PDF file I get the ietoolbar.dll error, and when I choose to Continue it closes Explorer.

• I am currently running BitDefender 2008 AntiVirus on a Vista 32-bit Dell. When I open an Adobe PDF document from IE7, the document will display and then I get the error of IEToolbar.dll Error, this is an unidentified error caused by BitDefender. When I Google this I haven't found anyone else with this problem. I did NOT have this problem until today, and I cannot determine if a BitDefender update, which I got late yesterday or a Vista IE7 update which I got late yesterday caused this error to start happening.

Same problem in XP and IE 7 , Iturn off BD toolbar and no crash, I have turned in a ticket we will see what they come up with.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Brent,

Do you mean that you get that error message from the BitDefender Antiphising toolbar when you open pdf files in IE7? First I recommend that you install the Adobe PDF reader plug-in again. Go to Go to the tools menu in Internet Explorer click on manage add-ins, enable / disable plug-ins (add-ins),select from the drop down menu,plug-ins/add-ins that are used in Internet Explorer. Select the Adode PDF reader entry and select disable. Download the latest version of Acrobat Reader here. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader while going to add/remove software. Install now the newest version of adobe reader.

I have also a vista pc and I can view PDF file in IE with the BitDefender Antiphising Toolbar enabled. If that still fails right click on the red BitDefender icon put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the installer and perform a repair installation.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear Brent,

Do you mean that you get that error message from the BitDefender Antiphising toolbar when you open pdf files in IE7? First I recommend that you install the Adobe PDF reader plug-in again. Go to Go to the tools menu in Internet Explorer click on manage add-ins, enable / disable plug-ins (add-ins),select from the drop down menu,plug-ins/add-ins that are used in Internet Explorer. Select the Adode PDF reader entry and select disable. Download the latest version of Acrobat Reader here. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader while going to add/remove software. Install now the newest version of adobe reader.

I have also a vista pc and I can view PDF file in IE with the BitDefender Antiphising Toolbar enabled. If that still fails right click on the red BitDefender icon put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the installer and perform a repair installation.

Best regards

Niels

Don't waste your time I tried that and it did not fix the problem. I rolled back Adobe to an older version and everything works , so my conclusion is Bitdefender has a problem with the latest update from Adobe.

• Niels
    Options

Dear ray880,

I downloaded the latest version of Acrobat Reader and I didn't had any issues on the vista based computer I tested on. Antiphising didn't crash.

Best regards

Niels

• BD team replied a fix is coming as part of a regular update

• Niels
    Options
    BD team replied a fix is coming as part of a regular update

Dear ray880,

It could also be a language specific problem. I must say that I have a non-English IE and BitDefender version.Good to hear that they are going to release a fix.

Best regards

Niels

Hi Everyone,

My OS is Vista Ultimate 32bit with IE 8 beta 2. Recently I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2009 Final(BTS). I have problems like you and it is more than these. Every print of any URL web-page to Printer AdobePDF, the BTS did not "see" the Task Manager AcroTray or Acrobat Distiller 9 (services were running)! Don't know why the acrobat reader has same problems like yours. So there's "attack" Bitdefender between Adobe ?!? Any patch from BT?