Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Off, Bd Obtrusive

Options

Bitdefender won't allow me to play the PC game Hawken.

I have tried completely turning off the firewall and AV and it's still a no go.

Running Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Windows 8.

Have made all of the suggested changes that are pinned on the Firewall forums, added an exclusion for the program and as I mentioned I have also disable everything possible in the AV and firewall and still I can't play the game. Also tried suggestions from the Hawken forums such as running the game in Admin mode.

If I uninstall BD I can play and my Hawken account will sync just fine. Windows firewall has no problem with it.

If BD is installed, when Hawken tries to sync my account data with their server I get an error. I can "log-in" to my Hawken account, but my I get the following error when syncing:

"Syncing Account Failed/ The Meteor server is unreacheable"

I'm not sure if the Error is on the side of Meteor Entertainment or on BD, however I have had similar problems in the past with other applications and games with BD installed.

I have already opened a ticket with Hawken support and hope to be able to get a link to the ticket. As of now I don't think that there is a way to link to it because it seems to be private and requires a login.

If I can't link to it I will post on the Hawken support forums.

Linking this thread to Hawken support.

Comments

• zayras
    edited April 2013
    Options

This is the reply from Hawken support to my messages.

Thanks a lot for your kindness on responding and the info you have provided, and I'm really sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the problem when your AV is installed. Checking on the post you created at BD forum, we have determined the AV as the problem, and you have to confirm with them the specific steps required to add the game to this AV exceptions.

We recommend as standard solution for most AV programs, adding HAWKEN to your Windows firewall and place exceptions in your Anti-Virus. The most important exception is the .exe file that runs the game: (Hawken folder--wherever you installed it)\HawkenGame\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe. Use the following link for instructions in order to add this file as exception:

However, we have cases, as Kaspersky AV (check this link as example,

, that is not enough with adding the game in the AV exceptions; it was necessary create an "Exclusion Rule" in order to allow the game to run, and it could be a similar situation with your AV (Bitdefender). That's why we need you confirm with them if is required a solution as this one, in order to be able to play Hawken with your AV installed.

Please try to confirm this info with BD and let me know, I'll be patiently waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Hector

Meteor_hectorc.

I have already added several of the Hawken exe's as exceptions to the Firewall (including the one listed above). I have created a trusted zone as well. As mentioned I have also tried disabling every option in the AV and Firewall.

Not sure where to go from here, but Windows firewall has no problem running Hawken if BD is not installed, just wondering if there is some way to add an Exclusion Rule now I guess.

• Try adding it up on the trust list. Usually, that will end up fixing the issue. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Please follow the steps from this topic to upgrade for free to The New Bitdefender:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

From now on, post in this area of the forum in case you encounter further issues after the upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=360

Thank you.