Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Call For Help With My Dialup Connection

Options

I'm on a dialup connection, 21.1 kbits average. OS. BD 2013 total security. Win7 64

I went through my application rules in BD newtrk settings and 'denied' or 'removed' (if i could not deny) network access to all programs (visible in the interface) except my browser. I use NetworX shareware to monitor my internet connection. My browser is stalling out on me. I'll shut my my browser, and i still have traffic in and out of my computer. I used to check the task manager to see what programs and processes were runing but to tell the truth i don't understand that too well. I will open the firewall settings and check my network activity I don't understand that too well only that there are traffics in and out of my computer from programs that i have NO control (that I know of) of.

About half the time my browser stalls, the blue center of the BD widget is spinning, I'll disconnect my network connection and the widget stops, i'll re-connect and quicklike get my outlook or browser page loaded before BD starts spinning and stalling my browser again... This is frustrating especially hte times when i am anxious to get some business done online.

I went through tech support online process with this problem (on a dialup...took forever) and all that happened was BD jamming up my bandwidth downloading a 9.71 MB file to my desktop that I have no idea why it is there... I haven't heard anything else from tech support.

The times I have access to hi speed internet connection, none of this os really a problem except for the fact that I would be nice to know what is going on in and out of my box .

I posted this with the possibility of a tech savvy person helping me out to fix this in BD (preferable), or to guide me to the correct programs for a software solution (I have access to hi speed at the library, it's kind of a PITA hanging out there for hours downloading and updating).

TIA

Stan

Comments

• Not sure what else can be found here but have you tried checking event viewer under winodws? It would show you the logs and also the software details that froze. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Stan,

There are many Bitdefender settings and services that all together use bandwidth, as follows:

1. If the Bitdefender AutoUpdate feature turned ON, bydefault and it checks for virus signatures every 15 minutes.

How to turn AutoUpdate OFF:

Please use the panel slider to find the Update panel in the main Bitdefender interface and switch the button OFF.

2. Anonymous Usage Reports option is ON.

When this feature is enabled, reports containing information about how you use the product are sent to Bitdefender servers. This information is essential for improving the product and can help us offer you a better experience in the future. Please note that these reports will contain no confidential data, such as your name or IP address, and that they will not be used for commercial purposes.

How to turn Anonymous Usage Reports OFF:

a. In the Main Bitdefender interface click on Settings (top right corner)

b. Select General

c. Select Advanced tab

d. Use the On/Off switch to turn it OFF.

Changes will take effect immediately.

3. Remote Management is always ON

Remote Management is the successor of Home Management. The main improvement is the usage of MyBitdefender website in order to create tasks and apply them to the computers. This way, you can manage computers from everywhere in the world, and not just from your own network.

You can see this feature directly in MyBitdefender platform selecting the device you want to control > clicking the 'More Info'; button (green) in the lower part of the MyBitdefender account page.

By default, Remote Management checks every 30 seconds the following details

from your computer :

- issues to be fixed

- last system scan

- last quick scan

- last update

- registration status

How to manage Remote Management issue:

The option can not be turned off directly from the Bitdefender interface but we can provide further assistance for turning this service off or increasing the interval at which the service updates the information - let me know how would you like to proceed.

4. Active Virus Control(AVC)

Active Virus Control is a proactive, dynamic detection technology, based on monitoring processes'; behaviour, and tagging suspect activities. It uses local resources but also communicates in cloud for a better detection rate.

How to turn AVC off :

a. Go to Settings

b. Click on Antivirus option

c. In the Shield tab turn Active Virus Control off (lower page section)

d. For changes to take effect you should reboot your computer

5. Traffic Light Toolbar

This feature integrates in any browser intercepting and scanning all the web traffic. It provides antimalware, antifraud and antiphishing protection. It also acts as a search advisor.

How to turn Traffic Light Toolbar OFF:

a. in the main Bitdefender interface go to Settings

b. select Privacy Control

c. select Antiphishing tab

d. turn on Show Bitdefender Toolbar

e. open any browser

f. visit a random page

g. the only thing it ads to your browser is a small dragger at the top of

every web page. Click it to see the toolbar

h. use the on/off switch to temporally turn it off

i. restart your browser for changes to take effect

6. If you have Bitdefender Total Security 2013, make sure Auto Sync for Safebox is turned OFF.

How to turn Safebox - Auto Sync OFF:

- in the Main Bitdefender interface locate the Safebox panel

- use the on/off switch to turn off Auto-Sync

I look forward in receiving your feedback after trying the suggested steps.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited May 2013
    Options

Wow, now you're just showing off, Georgia: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=184296 lol, ^_^

Incredible post and information, nice work! :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

I truly hope the above information helps.

Have a beautiful week ahead! :)