Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

Options

Does Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition automatically scan existing files and folders when you first install it? If anyone knows, I would appreciate an answer because I cannot find any reference to it in the Support documentation or any place where I can launch an initial scan.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

There different types of scans e.g Scan during installation, scan after installation (background scanning, manual scanning etc). And as far as I know the Free Edition does not support scan during installation like other Bitdefender Home products. But since AutoScan feature is automatically enabled after installation which is similar to background scanning and trigger only when the resources falls below a specific threshold level. And if you want to perform the Manual Scan, you have to do Contextual Scan by right clicking on the target (Drive/file/folder etc).

• Additionally, that is a helpful feature since it will directly scan after installation. Leaving viruses with at least no room to be there in your system. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Sazerac7,

By default, Bitdefender Antivirus Free edition will scan the entire computer prior to the installation and you aloso have a button to skip this step.

Please post back if you have other questions, thank you!