Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Interface Will Not Open

Options

Running WinXP, 2.5Ghz, 2GBram, 1TB HD

Have ZoneAlarm FIREWALL Only.

Attempting to install BitDefender AntiVirus Only ... hung up on "instaling 71%".

Third attempt. First two message says install and remove incompatible versions?

I HAVE NO INCOMPATIBLE VERSIONS as I have NO AntiVirus program installed.

But what do you know, it is referring to ZoneAlarm Firewall.

FOURTH ATTEMPT ... finally installed - BUT,

WILL NOT LOAD USER INTERFACE

Therefore, we cannot "register" it. Therefore, we don't know what its doing to our system.

We know its running as ... GZSERV.exe, whereas GZIFACE.exe is the interface. Even though GZSERV is running , according to the manual its not doing anything until you "register" it.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO MAKE YOUR ANTIVIRUS WORK ? ? ? WHAT SAY YOU ? ? ?

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

You may have to uninstall Zone Alarm Firewall or add Bitdefender processes to its Exclusions.

• ricksg
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You may have to uninstall Zone Alarm Firewall or add Bitdefender processes to its Exclusions.

Problem was it wanted to act as a SERVER, and we don't let any program act as a server. That opens up a portal. A Security Threat !!!

Nevertheless, it was allowed ONLY upon installation - else it will not properly install and/or open the Interface.

It is now installed and running after reboot of WinXP. This is the Free version.

But how do we make it Scan the Whole Computer???

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello RickStGeorge and welcome!

To start a system scan with Bitdefender Free Edition please follow these steps:

- go to Start menu and click on MyComputer.

- locate the system partition (usually C:), right click on it and choose "Scan with Bitdefender".

- a pop-up will appear in system tray -near the clock- and the scan will start.

Please let me know if you have other questions, thank you!