Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

IM programs.

Options

I've come here after troubleshooting an issue where my IM programs were crashing my internet. ( http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/567423...internet-2.html ) The dev that has been helping me suggested I ask here about BitDefender blocking, or "checking" IM programs, and he thought this may be the cause of the issue. Does anyone have any help or walkthroughs on how I can test this? Possibly how to turn off the IM checking in BitDefender?~

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi Rin

First have you made a rule for you im programs. To do that open BitDefender go to firewall,traffic then press on the add-icon. Now browse to the installation folder of your IM. You have to allow. In the next step you can choose which ports must be opened,in the final step choose for allow both traffic TCP/UDP and traffic both. Confirm it by pressing on ok.

Regards

Niels

• RinaChan
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Niels. I've been looking around my BitDefender options, I don't beleive it's the version that includes firewall~? I have options for 'General, Anti-Virus, Antispyware, and Update' I went through and checked around in the "Realtime Protection" sections, I'm not sure if one of those maybe is causing it, however I couldn't find a Firewall ; ;~ I beleive my BitDefender is.. "BitDefender Antivirus V10"

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Rin,

You are right, BitDefender Antivirus does not have a Firewall module. I'm not sure if it has the HTTP scan option. That could be responsible about your problem.

Open BitDefender Management Console, go to Antivirus -> Custom Profile and search for the option Scan HTTP traffic. If that option exists and is enabled, try to disable it and click OK. Then see if you still have problems with your IM client.

If the problem still persists (or you don't have a Scan HTTP traffic option) please post here, to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Also, post if it worked.

Cris.

• RinaChan
    Options

Hmm, I did try this, when I went into these options the HTTP checking was already un-checked. Hmm~ Could it be anything else?~ I've already used a few fixes on the Tech forums to check the rest of my PC< and tried re-isntalling the IM programs, x.x I'm very confused as to what is causing this lol. :unsure:

• Niels
    Options

Hi Rin

Do you use another firewall? Because BitDefender Antivirus without firewall protection doesn't block im.

What IM are you using? What you can try is that BitDefender virus shield doesn't scan the path of the im programs to do that: open BitDefender,antivirus,shield,adjusted level,don't scan this path on all levels now press on add item and browse to the installation folder. Confirm by pressing on ok. Did you change the security level? It should be set on default when you go to antivirus,shield. Or when you open BitDefender you can try to select Internet instead of Internet Plus. Or local system but that is unsafe.

Regards

Niels