Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is It Possible? Install With Internet Security Without Firewall

Options

I have a customer where I installed BD Internet Security on their Administrators computer and it appeared to work fine for a few days.

Now the techs for a piece of their medical software (that stopped working) are saying that BD is "removing the HTTP" from the URLs their software is trying to connect to.

I added exceptions for everything I could see running : which didn't change anything.

I disabled everything I could (Virus/firewall/etc) : which didn't change anything.

I've uninstall BD and sure enough everything works.

I now want to try and install without the firewall and see if that makes any difference.

SO is it possible to install Internet security without the firewall or install just the antivirus with a "BD Internet security" key?

They've been ringing me all day about it and they are ready to throw BD and me out the window and I can't blame them!

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Storm-E
    Options

I'm surprised that no one has an answer to this one.

• Storm-E
    Options

Does BD actually read these forums?

They've been making noises about going to Kaspersky. It looks like that is the only option I've been left with.

It's shames to see such a good product let down by such poor service.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a customer where I installed BD Internet Security on their Administrators computer and it appeared to work fine for a few days.

Now the techs for a piece of their medical software (that stopped working) are saying that BD is "removing the HTTP" from the URLs their software is trying to connect to.

I added exceptions for everything I could see running : which didn't change anything.

I disabled everything I could (Virus/firewall/etc) : which didn't change anything.

I now want to try and install without the firewall and see if that makes any difference.

SO is it possible to install Internet security without the firewall or install just the antivirus with a "BD Internet security" key?

They've been ringing me all day about it and they are ready to throw BD and me out the window and I can't blame them!

Thanks for your help!

Hi, you have 2 options:

A - downgrade the license key to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and add 60 extra validity days on it to compensate the price difference

or

B - provide us with a sample of that software so we can test it on our systems and release a fix through auto-update

Let me know how would you like to proceed.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Thanks for your help!

Hi John

What medical software you? Are you talking about DICOM compliance software, Diagnostic workstation (CT, MRI, CR, DR etc), or accessing the DICOM equipment via Laptop or PC using the particular application by giving IP address and Port No etc? Kindly give some detail as I also experienced such issues in past which were not fixed till I was using them.

• Storm-E
    Options
    Hi, you have 2 options:

A - downgrade the license key to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and add 60 extra validity days on it to compensate the price difference

or

B - provide us with a sample of that software so we can test it on our systems and release a fix through auto-update

Let me know how would you like to proceed.

Thank you!

The medical software company is dealing directly with Bitdefender now with hopefully an eventual solution for them. But my customers need a fix immediately so the downgrade is the best solution for me.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing is....How do I get the downgrade for the installed licenses?

I'm guessing I'll have to uninstall the Internet security then reinstall the antivirus.

Can I keep the exceptions I've already set in the program or will it be a clean slate.

Thank you for your assistance!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hello,

My colleagues from the Customer Care dept can help you with this.

They will contact you soon via email (the same account you used to on the forums) - ticket ID: 201306071020747.

Thank you!

• Storm-E
    Options

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.