Action Center Alert: No Firewall, No Antivirus!

Hi, couple of times now I get this message from action center that my antivirus, firewall and anti spam are off but when I check my BD I can't see anything wrong.I just restart my computer and after that all is OK.Today even after restart message stayed and had to disconnect and restart again and then message was gone!

So, my question is: has my BD been disabled or ...what?!

Comments

• Should my Intrusion Detection System be OFF:

post-40436-1369222184_thumb.jpg

post-40436-1369222338_thumb.jpg

• Anyone?Please!

• Hi I realize I ask to much but can someone PLEASE answer me?Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

You can turn it ON and set according to your requirements.

IDS :

It is the heuristic monitoring of the applications trying to access network services or the Internet. Which means that application running on the computer receives a score whenever they perform a action on the computer. The software is evaluated from a malware point of view and if it reaches a certain level, then it is stopped as being a malware.

The BitDefender Intrusion Detection System monitors network and system activities for malicious activities or policy violations.

IDS Settings :

Permissive: Protects against installation of malware drivers. Protects Bitdefender files from being altered unauthorized 3rd party applications. Will generate a low number of alerts.

Normal: Blocks dll injections, installation of malware drivers. Protects Bitdefender files from being altered unauthorized 3rd party applications. Will generate a moderate number of alerts.

Aggressive: Flags keylogging attempts, Internet Explorer leaks and attempts to change desktop background or the IE home page. Protects against dll injections, installation of malware drivers. Protects Bitdefender files from being altered unauthorized 3rd party applications. Will generate a high number of alerts.

• Thank You!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

A quick solution for the encountered issue is to upgrade to The New Bitdefender. The upgrade is absolutely free of charge and due to the many improvements brought to this lineup any issues you may have encountered with your current product are now solved.

In order to upgrade to the new version please follow the steps below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

From now on, post in this area of the forum in case you encounter further issues after the upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=360

Thank you.