Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Security Websites And Site Blocking

Options

Hello all,

I was trying to access the opensecuritytraining.info website today, bitdefender blocked it. While I recognise that even a security site can be hacked, it's entirely possible that the software could be detecting contained malware samples. Does BDF use a blacklist, or does it actually scan the sites for malware, or distinguish between secruity websites?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hello all,

I was trying to access the opensecuritytraining.info website today, bitdefender blocked it. While I recognise that even a security site can be hacked, it's entirely possible that the software could be detecting contained malware samples. Does BDF use a blacklist, or does it actually scan the sites for malware, or distinguish between secruity websites?

I ran the website URL you provided through four on-line scanning websites. I actually have a list of about 10 but I only selected four at random from the list of about 10.

Two of the websites sanners said clean

One said it contained "scumware"

One said said it was a minor risk partially due to suspicious patterns found on the website The URL had a risk rating of 28 out of 100 and the Host check a risk rating of 18 out of 100.

Scumware is any programming that gets on your computer from Internet sites without your consent and often without your knowledge. Scumware is a general term that encompasses spyware, adware, annoyware, malware, parasiteware, unwelcome cookies, and various forms of viruses.
  • Thanks for the info and links. I'll ask some people in the community, but in the meantime, does anyone know what method BDF uses for its web blocking technology?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

The product uses both signatures and cloud for filtering http traffic.