Bitdefender Disabled After Windows Update

On 6/12/2013 after starting pc, windows did an update which included the malicious software removal tool. After reboot, BD failed to start. Virus Shield was OFF, I couldn't change the status in the GUI, exiting the program and reloading from the start menu didn't help either. I needed to reboot to get it going again. It appears to me that when the malicious software removal tool ran on the reboot it either disabled BD, or BD simply will not run if another AV scanner runs at startup. Has anyone else experienced this?

XP, Bitdefender free, Privatefirewall, Sandboxie, Winpatrol, Zemana antikeylogger, Dashlane.

Comments

• Hello aztony,

We will investigate your situation and come back with an answer.

Thanks.

• Hello aztony,

We will investigate your situation and come back with an answer.

Thanks.

Thanks, Catalin. I've uninstalled BD for the time being, as the the same thing happened again yesterday. This time there was no windows update. I also discovered that I could not access safe mode, which is where I prefer to uninstall security programs. Only After BD was uninstalled from the system in regular session could I access safe mode. There's definitely some issues with this AV. But I like it, and would return to it once they've ironed out.

• Thanks, Catalin. I've uninstalled BD for the time being, as the the same thing happened again yesterday. This time there was no windows update. I also discovered that I could not access safe mode, which is where I prefer to uninstall security programs. Only After BD was uninstalled from the system in regular session could I access safe mode. There's definitely some issues with this AV. But I like it, and would return to it once they've ironed out.

For some reason my W7-SP1 x64 computer running BD AV Free crashed twice yesterday. The computer self restarted each time. After the first crash and restart BD AV Free Virus Shield and Auto Scan were turned both turned off. They were turned on earlier in the day. I then turned them back on, no problem. After the second crash and restart BD AV Free Virus Shield and Auto Scan were still on. I did a scan of my systems drive and another logical drive I was using. It came up clean. Quarantine was empty.

I have been using the computer today without a problem. It had never crashed before yesterday. I haven't bothered to look at the Event Viewer logs to see if any of them say something useful.