Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control - Website Blocking?

Options

I've got Parental Control enabled in BitDefender Internet Security. No websites entered manually, just using "list of blocked sites provided by BitDefender". Well I just visited a website which tests competing antivirus products, this one:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

It's home page came up no problem, but when I click the link for "Comparitives" (comparison tables), this is what I got:

"This page has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control. To view it you must disable Parental Control or add this page to the list of allowed sites in Parental Control/Web Control"

Seems strange to me. It's just a table of tests for various AV products. I knew how to get past the block of course, since I installed BitDefender myself. That's not a problem, but my point is just why have the BitDefender developers seen fit to put this inoffensive looking website on their 'blacklist' of blocked sites? Seems like overkill to me. Or are they afraid we might see how well some of the others did in the tests? Surely not.

Anyone which to comment?

Thanks

Phillip

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi pip22,

At the first sight, it works fine. I usually don't use Parental Control, but now I've enabled it to test what you said. av-comparatives.org was working just fine.

Then I enabled the module Keyword filtering, I added the word comparatives, and BD blocked that site. I deleted that rule, disabled Keyword filtering, but left Parental Control enabled and BD still blocked that site, until I disabled the hole Parental Control module.

It seems to me that this module has some bugs in it. We have to wait until a BitDefender Official answers this.

Cris.

• draduta
    Options

Is "Heuristic web filter" enabled or disabled?

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Daniel Raduta,

No, Heuristic web filter is not enabled. Only Web Control. That page is blocked even with no words defined in the Web Control List.

But I found that the page works just fine if I disable Use the list of blocked sites provided by BitDefender, so it must be something in that list that BD blocks.

BTW, why was the View Defaul list button removed from BD?

Cris.