Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mmo's, Bitdefender, And Framerate

Options

I've had bitdefender for 4-5 years, even convinced family and friends it was the way to go. Last week I went through the processes of a new cpu/mobo upgrade, and got excited to play some games that were laggy on my old setup. The first thing I did was try out one of the games (planetside 2), new gear worked like a charm, or so I thought. Got bitdefender back on my system and my framerate went form about 120 to 10. Tried tera online, and saw the old laggy framerate again, about 10). Please note in the games high population areas the framerate dropped the hardest. So as a test I removed bitdefender and tried both games again, turns out I didn't need to upgrade the PC, it was bitdefender. This product is advertised as not slowing down the PC, now I understand some loading times will be affected but in game mode while already in game I shouldn't see a 4-12x drop in framerate, its simply unacceptable.

I'd like to ask if anyone has a workaround as I still have a years protection I paid for but cannot use if Id like to keep my performance pc's performance. I could not find much information on this so hopefully this thread may warn people in the future. Also in regards to the company, it would be far more honest of you to remove the aspects of your ad that claim bt won't slow your computer, as this would seem to indicate games wont be affected, and going from 120 fps to 10 fps is beyond a minor performance hit. This product is a tank in terms of av but for gamers its useless.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Enuo, and welcome :)

Since you have some experience with BD, have you tried any of these suggestions, to see if it helps. I know it seems to be more work than should be required, but it's the best I can offer.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=189068

Kind regards,

Scott

edit: If you have Bitdefender AV+, then it would just be the AV Exclusions added for your games.

• mccaber
    Options
    Hi Enuo, and welcome :)

Since you have some experience with BD, have you tried any of these suggestions, to see if it helps. I know it seems to be more work than should be required, but it's the best I can offer.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=189068

Kind regards,

Scott

edit: If you have Bitdefender AV+, then it would just be the AV Exclusions added for your games.

It may be this, Ill have to try later some time. However, a simple exclusion for the game exe's (both games) does nothing.

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for that update, keep us posted of your results. Others here who do more gaming than I, or who may have a suggestion, might reply.