Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 Security

Hello,

Is there a 2014 version of Windows 8 Security to be released soon? The reason I ask is I had to do a refresh of Windows 8 so I currently do not have Windows 8 Security installed. It is a big task to install and set up only to have to uninstall and do a thorough cleanup in order to install the new version. I would much rather start with a clean fresh install of the 2014 version of Widows 8 Security than to have to do the uninstall and thorough cleanup beforehand. It would be perfect to do the clean fresh install and not have to worry about uninstall and cleanup. If the release is going to be soon, I can get by with Windows Defender until it is released. Thanks in advance for the answer...

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi puff-m-d,

Thank you for your question.

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security is a standalone security solution and we will not release another version of it in the near future. All product modifications and improvements will be delivered only via product update. Therefore, you can install the current version at anytime:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/windows-8-security.html

Have a beautiful day!

• Hello Georgia,

Thanks for the prompt and informative reply!

Have a great day!!!

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2013
    Hi puff-m-d,

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security is a standalone security solution and we will not release another version of it in the near future. All product modifications and improvements will be delivered only via product update. Therefore, you can install the current version at anytime:

Have a beautiful day!

Thanks for clarifying what I thought was the case. Tthere is no need to uninstall BD W8 Security and then reinstall it to get the latest version, like has been suggested with the year specific BD AV solutions. Updates will just roll out via the auto update feature. I would imagine the same applies to BD AV Free which is not year specific. In both cases just let the auto-updates do their thing.

• Hi puff-m-d,

Have a beautiful day!

Except it doesn't work with Windows 8.1 Preview :(

• Except it doesn't work with Windows 8.1 Preview :(

People should avoid W 8.1 Preview

There are numerous problems with it not only having to do with AV products not working with it. W 8.1 will be a major upgrade to W 8.0. Microsoft has made a lot of changes and hopefully improvements to W 8.0 in W 8.1. W 8.1 Preview is probably an Alpha release of W 8.1 and not even a Beta release. The only people who should be using W 8.1 Preview are app developers, software reviewers and geeks that like to play around with new software.

Avoid W 8.1 Preview

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Rest assured Bitdefender Windows 8 Security will be fully compatible with the final release of Windows 8.1.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback!

• Bitdefender Windows 8 Security is a standalone security solution and we will not release another version of it in the near future. All product modifications and improvements will be delivered only via product update. Therefore, you can install the current version at anytime:

The System Requirements of the new Bitdefender Internet Security Suite says that this too is for Windows 8 and it does work OK. So which product is it best to use. The older one designed specifically for Windows 8 or the new one with the improvements?

I note the new product has a widget and improvements to the operation of Safepay (can switch between the Desktop and the Safepay environment), so I'd prefer to use this version but only if is the best/right thing to do.

• The System Requirements of the new Bitdefender Internet Security Suite says that this too is for Windows 8 and it does work OK. So which product is it best to use. The older one designed specifically for Windows 8 or the new one with the improvements?

I note the new product has a widget and improvements to the operation of Safepay (can switch between the Desktop and the Safepay environment), so I'd prefer to use this version but only if is the best/right thing to do.

Good question, was going to try the Windows 8 Security and thought that my BD Total Security key would work, using BD Total Secuity 2014(upgraded from BDTS 2013)(still have 242 days left on sub. lol).