[solved] Bandwidth Constantly And Massively Used After I Go On Flash Vid Sites. 2014, B

Comments

• hi to all

i was use bitdefender total security 2012 and 2013. at both of them i have this issue :

try this scenario :

open idm or fdm or other download manager then start downloading a big file(such larger than 100 Mb). after 1 or 2 minutes pause it or stop it. you see the connection is persist and still downloading !!!!! this connection when stop in 2 solution :

1)download until the size of that file was downloading it.

2)change network setting and reset it.

i contact with support team and they says me that i uninstall the fdm or idm and want me use another sodtware!!!

now i want come back to BD and i ask you does this issue was resolved at 2014 version ?

• hi to all

i was use bitdefender total security 2012 and 2013. at both of them i have this issue :

try this scenario :

open idm or fdm or other download manager then start downloading a big file(such larger than 100 Mb). after 1 or 2 minutes pause it or stop it. you see the connection is persist and still downloading !!!!! this connection when stop in 2 solution :

1)download until the size of that file was downloading it.

2)change network setting and reset it.

i contact with support team and they says me that i uninstall the fdm or idm and want me use another sodtware!!!

now i want come back to BD and i ask you does this issue was resolved at 2014 version ?

I am also experiencing the same issue with Bitdefender Total Security (2014). Even if I "cancel" the download it keeps downloading.

I wish Bitdefender would fix this.

• This issue is not resolved for many years. They fix it? I dont think so...

• edited July 2013

It seems to be an issue for me too with BD-IS-2014 on Win7prof-64b:

While downloading with FF-22/DownThemAll-AddOn, bigger downloads stop after some time or it do stay at 99% and do not finsih downloading, 'timeout' :wacko:

After deactivation of BD-Firewall everything runs as expected.

So I will give JosyhY's "BitdefenderBandwidthFix.exe" a try.

How to check if it is loaded properly?

Do installer version need admin privileges for usual running (NOT for installation, this will be done by admin)?

Thx...

• Ok, editing not possible after (?) minutes, so sorry for new post:

JoshY's fix didn't solve the problem for me, but switching OFF the BD firewall did it :blink:

Additional hint:

If downloading same big files with FF-22's built-in downloader, no problems, full speed!

@BD support: Any tipp about this behaviour?

Thx...

• Speedtest on this page is also not working properly http://speedtest.net/ .This problem occurs in all versions of the Bitdefender. Can you fix that too?

• thanks to all.

i was think this issue should be resolved but now i think another ...

when i was use bitdefender the support team say me this issue derive by idm and uninstal it !!!! but this is derived by Bitdefender

• edited July 2013
    Hello everyone,

We've watched this topic for a while now and as you notice from the subject, it's been an ongoing discussion with the programmers. We know it can get frustrating not having an issue fixed in a timely manner.

But we kindly ask you all to have some patience, as the development team is not working with just a few issues, merely the ones reported on the forums. There are various issues also reported internally by our testing team and they need to fix them all, one by one, in chronological order. Of course the priority also matters - for instance fixing a BSOD will always be critical.

Not finding excuses here, just trying to help you get the picture of what is happening in the background and why some issues may take longer to be solved than other. Everything written in this topic and in the one from last year area is known and was discussed with our developpers.

Bitdefender team thanks you all for your feedback!

But e kindly ask you to have some patience. Are you for real??? This problem is 2-3 years old I'd say people have showed enough patience. I myself have moved on from Bitdefender, not only because of this issue but also because of your attitude of just ignoring it for 2-3 years. Then I log in to check if there's any progress on the problem and see you asking your customers for patience and talking about issues being fixed in chronological order, does that mean you have other issues with your products dating back even further than 2-3 years?? Because it either means that or it's a blatant lie.
  • This problem pops up when using bitdefender. when you watch youtube videos from web browser then close the browser then also the video keeps downloading in background.

this is the support tool generated report

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w2zd0l0s...07_31_14_09.zip

You may also see the attached image which shows firefox downloading from youtube (google cache). Actually firefox is stuck in FIN WAIT 2 state.

TCP connection getting stuck in ESTABLISHED OR WAIT state is one of the biggest problem that is occurring in many computer. But many people are not aware of this happening. Internet security software is the major cause of it. I have seen it with trend micro and bitdefender.

:wacko:

post-145880-1375264061_thumb.jpg

• Hi. This problem is very often. Check this: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46323

• Reason i no longer use or recommended to clients the use of Bitdefender products. A 3 year old problem and we are told patience is the solution.

• See you banned me from posting on your Facebook page for asking about this issue.

• If this problem is present for years and not removed then I quit using bitdefender from now on.

I regret buying it. Money wasted.

• See you banned me from posting on your Facebook page for asking about this issue.

Oh yeah they don't want the masses getting wind of this.

• edited August 2013
    We've watched this topic for a while now and as you notice from the subject, it's been an ongoing discussion with the programmers.

Honestly, i don't care about your internal problems. You "discuss" like 2 years already. I had a bug report filed since my very beginning of my subscription. I only registred on this forums to let you know the reason for me leaving bitdefender. Although you (guys from 1st level eMail support) tried your very best to help me fix it:

We know it can get frustrating not having an issue fixed in a timely manner.

But we kindly ask you all to have some patience.

My patience - after waiting for years and watching my internet traffic manually - is over. Surprisingly, the issue came only up to my mind again because i started to use internet radio, which has the same issue like playing videos. But for the video case i had already changed my internet usage because of bitdefender so that i even forgot about the issue! But i am not doing this with internet radio again after seeing that nothing has been done after 2 years.

I can assure you, that after this fiasco i hardly won't buy any Bitdefender Product again. I am moving to Kaspersky now, in the hope to get a better AntiVirus solution there.

• @Chev - What problem do you experience with Speedtest? Just tried it and it works fine with Bitdefender Internet Security 17.15.0.682

I didn't post this here, why are you editing and moving post between threads?

• @Chev - What problem do you experience with Speedtest? Just tried it and it works fine with Bitdefender Internet Security 17.15.0.682

Thanks for reminding me to run my occasional speed test of my ISP service. Speedtest says I am downloading at 95% of the speed my ISP provider is charging me for. I can live with that :mellow:

• Is Joshy's solution working with WinXP Sp3 too?

How/where to configure?

• This problem:Speedtest

I noticed the same thing. The needle didn't move and the graph was a weird shape despite my download being a solid 6Mb as measured by BitMeter. I didn't know this was due to BD, I thought the speedtest site just wasn't working, but it doesn't surprise me.

• I noticed the same thing. The needle didn't move and the graph was a weird shape despite my download being a solid 6Mb as measured by BitMeter. I didn't know this was due to BD, I thought the speedtest site just wasn't working, but it doesn't surprise me.

I am not so sure Speedtest measures the speed of a file while it is being downloaded. My guess is that it uses pings when you run their test to measure an approximate download speed. Also keep in mind that the download speed of an actual file can be affected by the source server; eg, how busy it is when you download your file. The file download speed can also be affected by the file itself, its type and its contents. The file download speed will be impacted by BD or any good AV program's scan of the file during the download.

• Hello all,

We need some information from those of you who own PC's with high-speed internet connection.

If you decide to cooperate with us towards solving the ghost traffic issue, please post back and we will contact you via email with more details.

Thank you.

• Hello. I have 6Mb/s connection. Maybe I can help?

• Thank you so much for your reply, Chev.

I will send you an email in a few minutes. Please reply there to let me know what you decide.

Talk to you soon!

• whats up Georgia ?

i want from the users who install bitdefender help the georgia for resolve this 3 years old bug.

• Hello,

Is anyone else willing to cooperate with our testing team towards solving this issue?

I'll be looking forward to your reply here.

Thank you!

• Hi Georgia,

Yes I will help too, it also happening to me on a 12GB line. Happens using IDM so far only for me.

• Welcome, GothicDeath.

I will try to contact you via email in a few minutes, on the same email you used to open this forum account. Please reply there.

Looking forward to your reply!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.