Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Thunderbird Toolbar

Options

has anyone got the fix for antispam toolbar being greyed out in thunderbird . :blink:

Comments

• Arcane
    Options
    I had the same problem.. Nobody could answer my previous post. My solution was to go back to Outlook Express. Next step..bye bye bitdefender. OE ###### and I am getting pretty tired of it.. I wish the bitdefender staff would stop advertising that the tool bar is compatible with Thunderbird when it obviously isn't!

i am trying the 30 day trial mainly as it has parental control but if this is a problem i will revert back to bullguard 8 which other than a lack of parental control works great even with mozilla products

• Niels
    Options

Dear Arcane and ArtVandalay,

See if this helps go to tools,add-ons (extensions in older builds) see if bdtb.dll is enabled because this is necessary to load the Antispamtoolbar in Thunderbird. If that still fails press the windows button together with r now type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdtb.dll" press enter. Now start BitDefender unckeck the radio box in the antispam protection check it again.

Best regards

Niels

• Arcane
    Options
    Dear Arcane and ArtVandalay,

See if this helps go to tools,add-ons (extensions in older builds) see if bdtb.dll is enabled because this is necessary to load the Antispamtoolbar in Thunderbird. If that still fails press the windows button together with r now type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdtb.dll" press enter. Now start BitDefender unckeck the radio box in the antispam protection check it again.

Best regards

Niels

Hi Niels

when i type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdtb.dll" i get "the specified module could not be found", and the tool bar is enabled in the add ons.

any other ideas

Thanks Arcane

• Niels
    Options

Dear Arcane,

Try to disable it close Thunderbird. To see if there aren't any corrupted registry entries I recommend that you download this program. Install it start the program press on modules,registry cleaner,scan registry for problems. Once the scan finished press on repair.Did you also tried to check and uncheck spam protection once you opened BitDefender? After that start Thunderbird again and enable bdtb.dll again.

Best regards

Niels

• Arcane
    Options
    Dear Arcane,

Try to disable it close Thunderbird. To see if there aren't any corrupted registry entries I recommend that you download this program. Install it start the program press on modules,registry cleaner,scan registry for problems. Once the scan finished press on repair.Did you also tried to check and uncheck spam protection once you opened BitDefender? After that start Thunderbird again and enable bdtb.dll again.

Best regards

Niels

Hi Niels

I have been in touch with BD support and have sent them system snapshots etc as they requested,i will post back here and let you know what fix they come up with, thanks for your help

regards

Arcane

• yann
    Options
    has anyone got the fix for antispam toolbar being greyed out in thunderbird . :blink:

I had the same problem.. Nobody could answer my previous post. My solution was to go back to Outlook Express. Next step..bye bye bitdefender. OE ###### and I am getting pretty tired of it.. I wish the bitdefender staff would stop advertising that the tool bar is compatible with Thunderbird when it obviously isn't!

Hello,

First, for answering to ArtVandalay the Antispam Toolbar works fine with Thunderbird.

Second, I think you have the same problem I fixed for french users, so :

- Close Thunderbird

- Copy the 3 following files

bdtb.dll

bdtb.ini

IBDTB.xpt

from C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\ to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\components\ directory.

- Start Thunderbird and clic on the Toolbar option even if it's already checked.

And voilà !

• Today, I found a workout on this issue but didn't know if this can work in other computers.

1. In Thunderbird, choose Option-Advanced-Update, uncheck the box for installed extension, and check it again, then OK. In general, you will noticed the Bitdefender Antispam Toolbar in View is no longer gray out.

2. However, you may find that even this toolbar is finally activated but it still doesn't appear. Ok, then uncheck the Bitdefender Antispam Toolbar in View, the toolbar will immediately appear.

Hope this can help, but I am not sure if this work for anybody.

• yann
    Options
    Today, I found a workout on this issue but didn't know if this can work in other computers.

1. In Thunderbird, choose Option-Advanced-Update, uncheck the box for installed extension, and check it again, then OK. In general, you will noticed the Bitdefender Antispam Toolbar in View is no longer gray out.

2. However, you may find that even this toolbar is finally activated but it still doesn't appear. Ok, then uncheck the Bitdefender Antispam Toolbar in View, the toolbar will immediately appear.

Hope this can help, but I am not sure if this work for anybody.

Hello,

Yes this workout works when the BitDefender Antispam Toolbar not appears at all in Thunderbird.

But there is (was ?) two other cases :

1. Toolbar appears but is greyed out (I think this happen when Thunderbird is (re)installed after BitDefender).

2. Toolbar appears but is greyed out only when you select a message (this is because there is no Spam folder in the Trash folder).

• alanbo
    Options
    2. Toolbar appears but is greyed out only when you select a message (this is because there is no Spam folder in the Trash folder).

I get this, but when no message is selected, I get half the toolbar greyed out:

Greyed out:

Is Spam

Not Spam

Add Spammer

Add Friend

NOT greyed out

Spammers

Friends

Settings

Wizard

BitDefender Antispam

I'm new to the security suite so I am not sure whether this is how it should be. Surely at least Add Spammer and Add Friend should be available?

• Steve H
    Options

Hi

I've just been setting up Bitdefender with Thunderbird and had similar problems. However it seems that all these issues can be resolved by;

1) Making sure that you first disable the Bitdefender toolbar in any other mail application such as Outlook or Outlook Express.

2) Also make sure that you have a subfolder called Spam in the Thunderbird Deleted items folder.

3) Go to Tools, Account Settings, Server Settings, and make sure that Empty Deleted folder on exit is not ticked.

Note that half the buttons on the Bitdefender toolbar will be greyed out anyway unless you have a message selected in the Inbox.

In my case Bitdefender had previously been working with Outlook and I subsequently installed Thunderbird.

As a note to the developers; To prevent this problem can you locate the Spam folder in the route rather than as a subfolder of the Deleted folder?

Hope this helps

Steve

• alanbo
    Options

I think there is a bug in the TB BD toolbar which is causing the problem with greying out. What I think happens is this: BD does not create a spam folder in TB until there is an incoming email which is designated as spam. Prior to this you cannot designate any emails "Is Spam" or "Not Spam", nor can you "Add Spammer" or "Add Friend". Also you can only use "Spammers", "Friends", "Settings" or "Wizard" when no email is selected. When an email is selected the whole toolbar is greyed out. By the way "BitDefender Antispam" on the toolbar does not seem to work at all, even when it is not greyed out.

Once an email comes in which is designated as spam, a spam folder is automatically created and when an email is selected the whole toolbar becomes available.

If you cannot designate email as spam or not spam before this it is either a bug or a design flaw.

As far as Outlook goes I can't DISABLE or DELETE the TB toolbar from Outlook. Whenever I try to Customise/Delete the toolbar it always returns when I reopen Outlook. Anyone any ideas on this?

Alan

• alanbo
    edited July 2008
    Options

Steve - as you say above, if you have 'Empty Trash on exit' selected then your Spam folder is deleted and on reopening TB you either have to wait until an incoming email is designated spam before a new Spam folder is created, or, I've just discovered, you can create a new Spam folder as a sub folder of Trash and the whole toolbar becomes available.

If you don't empty trash on exit you still have your spam folder but you have an overflowing trash basket you have to empty - who wants that?

Either way there is a lot of work to be done manually which should be done automatically, so I agree with you that BD should relocate the Spam folder to prevent this.

By the way, Steve, how did you manage to disable/delete the toolbar from Outlook? I can't - see my post above.

Alan