Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does Bitdefender Interfere With Imaging

Options

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (Build 17.13.0.551) on Win 7. Shortly after the update I encountered some problems (not saying that it has anything to do with BD) and wanted to revert to an older status of my pc. The recently installed AX64 Imaging Software did not work (reasons still unknown but apparently some other program was preventing the images from being written). I had also installed Keriver Imaging and used one of the images I had taken before upgrading to the latest version of Bitdefender to revert my pc back to a status of 3 months ago.

After updating all the windows patches and reinstalling the latest Bitdefender, I wanted to take a new image of my current pc status. Surprise, as now Keriver does not create any new images either.

Now I wonder if BD comes with some security function preventing imaging software to create an image. If this is so, what would I need to do to allow my software to work?

Also, is there any feature/function that would allow me to turn off Bitdefender at least temporarily when I install a software ( and feel sure that the program is safe to install)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eto

Comments

• Pushkar112
    Options
    Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (Build 17.13.0.551) on Win 7. Shortly after the update I encountered some problems (not saying that it has anything to do with BD) and wanted to revert to an older status of my pc. The recently installed AX64 Imaging Software did not work (reasons still unknown but apparently some other program was preventing the images from being written). I had also installed Keriver Imaging and used one of the images I had taken before upgrading to the latest version of Bitdefender to revert my pc back to a status of 3 months ago.

After updating all the windows patches and reinstalling the latest Bitdefender, I wanted to take a new image of my current pc status. Surprise, as now Keriver does not create any new images either.

Now I wonder if BD comes with some security function preventing imaging software to create an image. If this is so, what would I need to do to allow my software to work?

Also, is there any feature/function that would allow me to turn off Bitdefender at least temporarily when I install a software ( and feel sure that the program is safe to install)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eto

You Can Disable BD Temporarily.

But I suggest you to add the process in exclusion list.

• Eto_D
    Options
    You Can Disable BD Temporarily.

But I suggest you to add the process in exclusion list.

Thanks Pushkar - adding to the exclusions solved the issue. I also found a link for the manual and will study this more to have a better understanding on some of the features. Sofar Autopilot worked fine for me but as in this case a bit more knowledge will make life easier in future.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Eto,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to reply with your results.

Since the situation is resolved, I declare this topic closed.

• GinaTH
    Options
    Thanks Pushkar - adding to the exclusions solved the issue. I also found a link for the manual and will study this more to have a better understanding on some of the features. Sofar Autopilot worked fine for me but as in this case a bit more knowledge will make life easier in future.

Can you share the link for the manual? For everyone who might encounter this? Thanks,

G

This discussion has been closed.