Auto Lock

Why there is no auto lock feature in bitdefender File encryption?

without that feature bitdefender file encryption is useless and has less protection.

Please include a feature to Lock vault automatically when computer is inactive for specific amount of time.

Comments

• Personally I don't use this feature, but it'd be a great idea and seems just too obvious of a feature.

• wt2a
    edited July 2013

And there is other problem sometimes locking the vault. when i click lock vault it says The File Vault with the drive letter A failed to be locked.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    And there is other problem sometimes locking the vault. when i click lock vault it says The File Vault with the drive letter A failed to be locked.

This is because Windows Explorer constantly accesses the drive. Is a nuisance, but we cannot force an unmount and risking corrupting user data.

Cristian

• This is because Windows Explorer constantly accesses the drive. Is a nuisance, but we cannot force an unmount and risking corrupting user data.

Cristian

Try Anyway , This is important

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Try Anyway , This is important

I'll have to consult with the guys working on the driver first. We do have a force dismount command available, but this should be the last resort.

Stay tuned, I'll try to keep up to date regarding this.

Cristian

• Are you using the same system as True Crypt?