Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control

Options

In my Bitdefender Total Security 2013, Active Virus Control, if turned off, cannot be turned on again. After repairing install (and also after uninstalling and using Bitdefender Uninstall Tool), Active Virus Control is back on, but it cant be set to Permissive or Aggressive, it just stays Normal, and again, if turned off, it then cannot be turned back on.

Now i upgraded to the new Bitdefender but the issue didnt get fixed.

I've been using the product for more than one month with no issues but few days ago it started playing this trick.

I read a topic about such an issue reported by a user with a previous version of Bitdefender (maybe 2012 version), but it was said that since a certain update it was fixed, is it possible that the bug has come back?

PS: I cant use Bitdefender Support Tool since it stays for hours on "Getting event logs..." and never ends the process.

PPS: If it helps, i'm running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x86

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Fabius,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums!

For the current situation let's try something else:

1. Make sure to login with an admin Windows profile.

2. Save this tool on the PC, then right click on the downloaded file and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator':

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...efender_SPT.exe

3. Fill in the required fields, check the box "I want to reproduce the issue" and try to replicate the issue with the Active Virus Control settings at this time.

4. When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

5. You may not be able to upload the archive here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

• Fabius
    edited July 2013
    Options

This one just gets stuck at the beginning ("Executing tools") and never ends the process :-/

• It looks like in build 17.15.0.682 this issue was fixed. Waiting for localized version to be updated!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad to hear that. Thank you for your feedback on this matter, Fabius.

This discussion has been closed.