Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Battlefield 3 Files Deleted By Bitdefender

Options

After over 200 files being false positives that I know were not infected, Tech Support emailed and recommended installing the latest BD version 2014 which supposedly fixed the false positive issue. Having done that, it performed a scan and informed me it found infected files and the "problem" was resolved. It doesn't log which files were deleted, but now Battlefield 3 was rendered unusable, even the installer files were deleted. Now I must re-download the 20+ GB file again and reinstall.

I wonder how many other programs are corrupted because BD automatically deletes "infected" files without notifying, in addition to the ones already bricked.

Very, very frustrating.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this situation.

When a malware is discovered during the installation, all the actions are logged in the QuickScan log which is located over here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{installation string*}\ qs_scan_log.html

* Example: {6F57816A-791A-4159-A75F-CFD0C7EA4FBF}

The log can be opened with the default browser and you can check which files were detected and the default action taken in the cleaning process.

We can check the log which remains in the system after the installation and then whitelist those files.

For this, please attach to your reply a copy of the above mentioned log.

We will also need samples of the deleted files so they can be checked first by our virus analysts. Pack the detected files in password-protected archives (password: "infected") and upload them to www.sendspace.com or www.mediafire.com, then post back the download link.

Thank you!