Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender is a Rip Off

Options

I purchased Bit Defender approximately 2 months ago with a two license package. I licensed both copies and mailed in the rebate form with the UPC code from the box as requested. From the start Bit Defender anti-Spam never worked. I used chat many times, E-mail and phone contact. I sent them files they requestd and removed all software they thought could cause a problem. Still anti-spam didn't work correctly. After a month I can't return the product to the store so I thought at least I could get a rebate and it wouldn't have been as much a rip off. Well today I received in the mail a letter stating they wouldn't give me the rebate because I didn't send the purchase flap. The rebate said UPC code and that is what I sent. I don't have the original box because I tossed it as the UPC code they requested they have.

I have received no support at all, the product doesn't work as promised and now they will not even honor the rebate after I complied with their request and sent what the rebate form asked for.

Bottom line this company appears to be bordering on fradulant business practices. What a rip off. I have gotten support from the forum but none from Bit Defender, just the we will get back to you in 24 hours and never a response. They have said that they have referred it to the senior support people over a month ago. Still nothing.

So, the product doesn't work, the store will not give me a refund because it is over 30 days (becasue I waited tfor Bit Defender to fix the problem they assured me they would do) and now no rebate after I sent them what they requested.

Mad beyond words.

Comments

• pip22
    Options

1.You can hardly expect the makers of BitDefender to give you a refund when you didn't buy it from them -- they never had your money in the first place (the shopkeeper has it) so how can use accuse them of fraudulent business practices?

2. It is well understood in the world of computer software that once you have the full program and serial number and you've taken it home and opened it, you cannot expect or demand a refund on products which can easily be copied before returning them.

3. The maker's of BitDefender, in common with many other software developers, provide free evaluation copies to download and try. This enables you to fully test it for suitability and possible problems at no cost to you. It is not BitDefender's fault if you failed to do this before buying it. No-one ripped you off, you ripped yourself off.

• Ad-hoc i'm sorry for you,at the end of the day your the one without an AV even though u payed the money!

• Ad-hoc i'm sorry for you,at the end of the day your the one without an AV even though u payed the money!

you must be disapointed.

To be honest i have not had any trouble from Bitdefender, and I fully endorse the product.

But its dissapointing for you If you are genuine.

• ad-hoc
    Options
    1.You can hardly expect the makers of BitDefender to give you a refund when you didn't buy it from them -- they never had your money in the first place (the shopkeeper has it) so how can use accuse them of fraudulent business practices?

2. It is well understood in the world of computer software that once you have the full program and serial number and you've taken it home and opened it, you cannot expect or demand a refund on products which can easily be copied before returning them.

3. The maker's of BitDefender, in common with many other software developers, provide free evaluation copies to download and try. This enables you to fully test it for suitability and possible problems at no cost to you. It is not BitDefender's fault if you failed to do this before buying it. No-one ripped you off, you ripped yourself off.

That would be great but Bit Defender promised to fix the problem and never did. If they had fixed the bug when they promised or said they couldn't within the 30 day return period I would have taken it back. The issue is total lack of support. Then when I sent the rebate information it they refused to give it to me because they said the box upc code was missing. I stapled it to the rebate form and since they have It I can't send in another.

I finally found a work aroung with no help of Bit Defender support. I can't install their spam blocker as that is where the bug is. I did a 14th reinstall of Bit Defender this time without the spam blocker and things work fine. I used Qurb as a spam blocker and all is well. They just don't seem to care about coustomers and meet theri commitments with bug fixes.

It is obvious you don't purchase software at large computer stores. They have a 30 day return if there are problems. Since BD said they would fix the problem in a short time this wouldn't be a prblem. They didn't and they didn't honor the rebate. They did rip me off.