Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Popup (all The Time) After Rebooting

Since yesterday, for some reason, I get a pop up that says: "In order to function properly, Bitdefender Firewall requires a system restart."

I've restarted a couple times and that popup still comes up. I don't think I've changed any settings.

Please help.

Comments

• Since yesterday, for some reason, I get a pop up that says: "In order to function properly, Bitdefender Firewall requires a system restart."

I've restarted a couple times and that popup still comes up. I don't think I've changed any settings.

Please help.

I have been having the same exact issue for the past several days, I would like to know how to fix this too.

• I have been having the same exact issue for the past several days, I would like to know how to fix this too.

Maybe something happened during an update. But I feel like more people would be asking about it.

Still looking for help. Its getting to the point where I might just uninstall and reinstall. And if it doesnt work, I am moving on to something else.

• Still looking for help. Does anybody from Bitdefender look at this forum?

• Same here, I've rebooted several times but keep getting this restart pop up.....any ideas welcome.

• WHY? same exact issue due to a recent update most likely?

I am using windows 8 and having the exact same issue.

• vrajesh
    edited August 2013

I've been having same issue. Admin needs to take a look at this. I also believe this is due to update but it's annoying not knowing if firewall is on or not.

BTW. I tried repairing, unstalling and reinstaling. Nothing helped.

post-11158-1376067969_thumb.png

• I've been having same issue. Admin needs to take a look at this. I also believe this is due to update but it's annoying not knowing if firewall is on or not.

I haven't gotten around to repairing, unstalling and reinstaling, but I guess I won't be doing that.

• I've been having same issue. Admin needs to take a look at this. I also believe this is due to update but it's annoying not knowing if firewall is on or not.

I have done the same myself. I use "Windows 8 Security" version and this popup is there after every reboot even after repair uninstall using the tool and reinstall of the full offline version.

• Well I guess this issue isn't important enough for them to address.

• Same here on a few machines I have. I would hope that this be fixed as soon as possible. Running Windows 8 on all machines.

• I think it finally stopped. Good job team. Only took a month.

• I think it finally stopped. Good job team. Only took a month.

The error message stopped but I found a new issue. Can you manually disable and enable the firewall? Now I am finding that I can't disable or enable the firewall.

The On/Off button under firewall gets stuck in one position. I am not sure if this is just me. Can anyone who was having restart error message please verify.

Thanks.

• Looks like it stopped after I did uninstall and reinstall. The error message popped up when I rebooted after reinstall but after updating, it stopped. I can now toggle firewall ON/OFF button.

I'll post if I see the issue again.

• Ok so issue came back after a restart. After playing with things and not so helpful bitdefender support, I figured it out.

I was running ASUS iNetwork Control in background that prevented bitdefender from working properly.

So I uninstalled it and then repaired the bitdefender installation, everything is working fine now. I can see the network adapter traffic and enable/disable firewall when I want it. No errors.

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below to allow the Bitdefender firewall driver to install properly:

. Go to Control Panel (either use the Start option or press Ctrl+X on your keyboard and then select it);

. From Control Panel please select Network and Sharing Center;

. In the Network and Sharing Center please choose Change adapter settings in the left part;

. In the new window that opens, please right click on your cable connection (the one with two screens and a cable) and select Properties;

. Once the new window opens browse to the 'WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter' entry and select it after which please choose Uninstall;

. Proceed with the uninstall and once it finishes, please restart the computer.

If the issue still persists afterwards, please upgrade to The New Bitdefender. The upgrade is absolutely free of charge and due to the many improvements brought to this lineup any issues you may have encountered with your current product are now solved.

To upgrade to the new version please follow the steps below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

From now on, post in this area of the forum in case you encounter further issues after the upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=360

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.