Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Activation Failed...region Error

Options

Tried installing using the latest download links, and reinstallation after using removal tool no sucess, everytime activation is attempted:

"The License Key Is Restricted In Your Region And Can't Be Used To Register The Product You Have Installed. Contact Support To Get Help With This Issue."

Are bitdefender able to advise, never had issues activating bitdefender before...this error is happening on multiple licenses.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

As it says you need to contact Support. Better doing that directly than via the forum:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

If they have introduced regional restrictions, they will be able to provide you with the correct installer link that will work in your region.

• support have not provided resolution yet, contacted them 3 days ago...

• support have not provided resolution yet, contacted them 3 days ago...

Support won't be able to offer a solution.

Bitdefender turned on geo-blocking for codes starting 1 August. You can now only use codes you bought from within your region, unless your code was previously activated (before 1 August).

As from 1 August, any non-activated new codes won't activate in a country outside where you purchased your code.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi scooby,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

I can't find your Bitdefender key based on the email you used to open this forum account.

Based solely on the registration error you mention in the first post, I understand that your Bitdefender license key has geographical limitations. For example, if you purchased an Arabic key, the computer on which you register the key must be located in an Arabic country, with an Arabic IP address to allow the registration. Otherwise, the registration process will fail.

If the customer support team did not help you with this issue yet, you can post back your ticket ID so I can take a look.

Have a nice day! :)

• well bitdefender support has not been helpful at all, ive still not had any contact or help.

I am trying to use products from Europe in EU countries and its failing, this I feel infringes on the Free Trade rights belonging to European Union Member countries, placing a filter and stopping the products working in the EU is against the law and I shall be reporting Bitdefender for this to all the relevant governing bodies.

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi scooby,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

I can't find your Bitdefender key based on the email you used to open this forum account.

Based solely on the registration error you mention in the first post, I understand that your Bitdefender license key has geographical limitations. For example, if you purchased an Arabic key, the computer on which you register the key must be located in an Arabic country, with an Arabic IP address to allow the registration. Otherwise, the registration process will fail.

If the customer support team did not help you with this issue yet, you can post back your ticket ID so I can take a look.

Have a nice day! :)

Hello Scooby, that looks like an offer of help made by Support last Thursday. Post back your ticket ID and Georgia will be able to look into it for you.

It is common throughout the software industry to place regional codes on software these days. The governing bodies won't be able to help unless like they are trying in Australia the MPs are successful in passing new law preventing it. Also depending on where,who from or how you purchased the products, it not uncommon for some less scrupulous vendors to bulk buy licenses of software from another region and sell them at normal price in an area not assigned to them.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ scooby

I am here for you in case you decide to post back the ticket ID of your email case.

Rest assured we will find a workaround for you.