Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Defeats Pop3 And Smtp Server Connection

Options

Have had BitDefender installed since September 2007 with same basic configuration on PC...

Just recently, between February 07, 2008 and March 08, 2008 a BitDefender update is causing

POP3 and SMTP e-Mail server connection errors. It refuses to check and download incoming mail, and blocks outgoing mail. Outlook Express has been the standby client for many years without any problems - so I'm not really entertaining focusing on OE as the problem - thanks in advance for that.

Seems Symantec/Norton had similar issues recently and fixed it with a patch for the time-being, and then later updates the problem simply disappeared.

Many thanks for constructive suggestions or corrections.

kaoz

Comments

• Have had BitDefender installed since September 2007 with same basic configuration on PC...

Just recently, between February 07, 2008 and March 08, 2008 a BitDefender update is causing

POP3 and SMTP e-Mail server connection errors. It refuses to check and download incoming mail, and blocks outgoing mail. Outlook Express has been the standby client for many years without any problems - so I'm not really entertaining focusing on OE as the problem - thanks in advance for that.

Seems Symantec/Norton had similar issues recently and fixed it with a patch for the time-being, and then later updates the problem simply disappeared.

Many thanks for constructive suggestions or corrections.

kaoz

try to deactivate firewall and outcoming/incoming e-mail scanner

• Hi,

In Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, I would very much like to know how to get around the blocking of SMTP from my locally installed Thunderbird email client.

Thank you!

Best regards,

/Pelle