Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Disable Auto Update

Options

I upgraded my Total Security suite last night and found that I can no longer set the Auto Update to manual.

When I go to the dashboard all Update options are ghosted, although it says 'Auto Update is OFF'.

From the main screen of the dashboard it says last update TODAY, which I haven't initiated.

When I open the dashboard the options are there to select and then 1 sec later it ghosts itself and switches to User mode, even though I supposedly already have it set to User mode, not AutoPilot, and ghosts all Update options.

If I go into settings I can select the drop down, but cannot choose anything.

The reason I want manual updates is because during the day at work I'm on a 500MB monthly plan and anything over this I pay ridiculous prices, so I'd rather wait till I'm at home and do it from there.

I tried sending a report, which collected all the info, but I have no info saying anything was actually sent.

I don't want to leave this too long as it's going to chew through my data allocation in no time.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

When you upgraded last night, how did you do it?

Did you just run the installer with the previous version installed and let the installer deal with the removal and upgrade process?

If so, that may be where the problem arises. I found out a number of issues including update problems were caused on my machines by doing that which were resolved after cleansing them properly.

The best way to upgrade is to make a note of the license code and use the removal tool first. However, like myself you will need to run the removal tools for both versions now.

Links and instructions in this post #7. You can get the latest installer for TS here for use in step 4:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

When the installer prompts to download newer version click no. It will update after installation and download less (only the needed parts) after you have installed.

• Antikythera,

That seemed to do the trick.

If the update process doesn't work as expected why do they make it available!?

Not to worry, all good for now.

Cheers,

Rock

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Rock,

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your results.

It looks like your Bitdefender product was not installed properly the first time.

Please feel free to post back at anytime if you need further assistance. :)

• I'm a bit worried:

I have 'Auto Update' set to OFF.

I have 'Ask me before downloading' set in the settings.

I haven't updated since yesterday.

The dashboard tells me 'Last Updated - Today'.

Am I doing something wrong?

Rock

Hello Rock,

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your results.

It looks like your Bitdefender product was not installed properly the first time.

Please feel free to post back at anytime if you need further assistance. :)

• antikythera
    Options

have 24 hours passed since the update?

• No it hadn't.

Looks like it might be ok now. Was just a bit worried, I've gone through 250MB in 2 days, usually only use about 10-20MB, if that.

Cheers,

Rock

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rock,

Should you require further assistance feel free to contact us again by calling, by email, using the live chat feature on our website, or you can reply directly to this thread. We will be able to assist you with any problems that you might encounter with the product.

Here are our direct contact details, we are available 24/7:

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Have a great day!

• I have a major dilemma.

The dashboard tells me Auto Update is disabled and I haven't used my internet for a few days now as for some reason I've exceeded my limit.

I'm on holidays and I hooked up to my parents internet today and realised I haven't updated for a few days.

I looked at the dashboard and it says 'Updated Today'!!!!!

No wonder I've used up all my mobile internet!!!

So it appears the problem still exists.

I can't keep using Bitdefender if it keeps using up my mobile internet, it'll cost me a fortune in excess charges!!!

Help!!!

Rock

Hi Rock,

Should you require further assistance feel free to contact us again by calling, by email, using the live chat feature on our website, or you can reply directly to this thread. We will be able to assist you with any problems that you might encounter with the product.

Here are our direct contact details, we are available 24/7:

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Have a great day!

• I believe you may need to switch off autopilot and have the product in user mode before updates will not be automatic even if you turn off automatic update. autopilot may turn it back on as and when it considers it necessary.