Cannot Register: The Product Is Already Registered With This Key

Hello all. I did a search, but did not find the info I needed for my issue.

I just purchased BitDefender Total Security 2013 for "up to 3 computers" the day before yesterday, 8/5/2013. I installed and registered the program just fine on my computer. I went to install it on my wife's computer, which would be the second of three computers, and when I am at the registration portion I get a message "The product is already registered with this key". This message prevents me from continuing with my install and configuration.

I have sent in the details via the Contact Us page: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html but have not heard anything back as of yet.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there something I need to be doing to register this on my second and third computer, since the product states I can use it on "up to 3 computers"?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• BitDefender Support responded:

There are 2 main reasons from which you could receive this error message:

a) Your license key was already recognized during the installation process

skipping the registration step - this is possible if you have used a previous

Bitdefender version and the license key is still valid.

In this case, when opening Bitdefender, you should see on the bottom the

amount of days until expiration. You can also click on that link in order to

see your license key in the "Current license information" field.

If this is the case, it means that your product is already registered and you

have nothing to worry about, you do not have to use the key one more time for

registering it

B) The second possibility would be that Bitdefender could not connect to

authentication server to validate and retrieve the parameters of the key,

therefore it is treating the license as a trial version key. Once Bitdefender

will be able to connect to internet, the license key will be re-validated and

the number of days left corrected.

If this is not happening automatically, please make sure the PC has internet

access, then open Bitdefender, find the Update panel, click on Update now and

reboot the computer when the process is finished.

• I closed the registration window, and canceled the registration process. I then opened the main BitDefender program, and it showed I have 364 days of protection left, so I guess I don't have to register the other installations of the product when I install it. I will keep this in mind when I install the remaining copies of my license.

A big thanks to BitDefender support for getting back to me with such clear instructions too.

Hope this helps others.