Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Internet Tv App

Options

I am having a problem getting my local Australian cable TV company's new internet TV app to stay connected to the internet for more than a few seconds. To try and resolve this problem, I first update to the latest version of BDTS on my Windows 8 system. The app in question runs through MS Silverlight, and after much trial and error I have found the only set of conditions under which the app will maintain a stable connection to the internet. I have had to exclude the Silverlight folder, turn off stealth mode and turn off the firewall. Obviously it is far less than ideal to have to turn off the firewall every time I want to watch TV on my pc, so I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with a solution that at least lets me keep the firewall active.

Cheers

Comments

• I am having a problem getting my local Australian cable TV company's new internet TV app to stay connected to the internet for more than a few seconds. To try and resolve this problem, I first update to the latest version of BDTS on my Windows 8 system. The app in question runs through MS Silverlight, and after much trial and error I have found the only set of conditions under which the app will maintain a stable connection to the internet. I have had to exclude the Silverlight folder, turn off stealth mode and turn off the firewall. Obviously it is far less than ideal to have to turn off the firewall every time I want to watch TV on my pc, so I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with a solution that at least lets me keep the firewall active.

Cheers

New versions of BDIS and BDTS appear to be having firewall problems. You're lucky if your internet TV is your only problem. I had to set up eight pages of exclusions in order to use my printer or any of my word processing programs. Customer Support was of little help . Until the company acknowledges the problems, I fear they will not be resolved.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

It seems to me, it is necessary to create the rule for the IGMP protocol, it is necessary to make it so.

post-39675-1376209809_thumb.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Bantou

Please tell me the name of the app. Does the issue appear only on your Windows 8 system? Do you have any other OS to test if the connectivity issue persists?

Also post here a support tool:

- save this tool on the PC, then right click on the downloaded file and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator':

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...efender_SPT.exe

- follow the on-screen steps. When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

- you may not be able to upload the archive here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.