Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox 360 Firewall Connection

Options

Hello.. I am trying to access my pc via my xbox 360 and I am getting stuck with a firewall issue I believe. I have been reading past forums and none of those suggestions helped my cause. I have been checking microsoft websites and they say I need the following ports open. I am not sure how to handle this. Please Help!!!!

These are the ports that need opened.. How do I do this?

Port Name Protocol Scope

1900 UPnP Framework UDP My network (subnet) only

3390 Remote Media Center Experience TCP Any computer (including those on the Internet)

3776 Media Center Extender Service UDP Any computer (including those on the Internet)

5555 Media Streaming TCP My network (subnet) only

7777 Network Validation UDP My network (subnet) only

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello ArtVandalay,

Read this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...1&pid=21681

Cris.

• Hi, I've read that page and allowed all the necessary exceptions that were on this windows media centre page:

ehshell.exe

Mcrdsvc.exe

Svchost.exe

MCXNetTw.exe

MCRMgr.exe

Ehexthost.exe

It still will not allow me to connect to the xbox 360, as it says that it cannot configure BitDefender firewall rules.

Any help?

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello hadoken13,

Try to disable Stealth Mode, and see if you can connect.

BitDefender Security Center -> Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced -> Stealth Mode (uncheck this option)

Cris.

• I can't get it....

OneCare was sooo easy to setup, I thinking I made a mistake getting this.

• I can't get it....

OneCare was sooo easy to setup, I thinking I made a mistake getting this.

I'm running BDIS 2008 on a Vista Home Premium and I'm seeing no issues with connecting to Windows Media Center through my xbox360. The first time I tried to access the PC through the XBOX 360 it took a little longer and I got some firewall messages on the PC that I allowed but after that it was seamless. Are you sure you didn't accidentally block something in the firewall?

• I'm running BDIS 2008 on a Vista Home Premium and I'm seeing no issues with connecting to Windows Media Center through my xbox360. The first time I tried to access the PC through the XBOX 360 it took a little longer and I got some firewall messages on the PC that I allowed but after that it was seamless. Are you sure you didn't accidentally block something in the firewall?

Ok, I spoke too soon!! Since yesterday my xbox can no longer connect to the PC without disabling the firewall. Once connected it seems to be ok. Anyone know what port I need to open for the initial connection?? I've been here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...r/firewall.mspx and really don't want to go through all this pain. :unsure:

• Ok, I spoke too soon!! Since yesterday my xbox can no longer connect to the PC without disabling the firewall. Once connected it seems to be ok. Anyone know what port I need to open for the initial connection?? I've been here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...r/firewall.mspx and really don't want to go through all this pain. :unsure:

Well I went ahead and added all these ports and moved them to the top and still no go... Maybe BDIS should just add a general rule for extenders similar to other products!! <_<

• Well I went ahead and added all these ports and moved them to the top and still no go... Maybe BDIS should just add a general rule for extenders similar to other products!! <_<

I'm also seeing this 2008/07/03 12:05:03.545 [bDFTDIF][DEVIO] Application error. User buffer too small. In my Firewall logs. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled BDIS and still have the same issue)

• I have also been having a problem with my XBox 360 media extender connection since this morning (7/4/08). It was working fine last night until at least 3am, but my connection has been refused since before 10am, when I tried it then. I have tried setting up the connection to my PC again, and I have tried manually accepting the ports but the only way I can get any communication is by completely shutting down the BDIS firewall. When I shut down the firewall, I get a connection instantaneously.

• Aveamantium
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I have also been having a problem with my XBox 360 media extender connection since this morning (7/4/08). It was working fine last night until at least 3am, but my connection has been refused since before 10am, when I tried it then. I have tried setting up the connection to my PC again, and I have tried manually accepting the ports but the only way I can get any communication is by completely shutting down the BDIS firewall. When I shut down the firewall, I get a connection instantaneously.

Make sure to send in a support request... That way they will know that this issue is something they caused and it isn't isolated! By the way I know this is a BDIS update issue as if you reinstall the product the xbox will connect fine until you go out and get the latest updates.

• Make sure to send in a support request... That way they will know that this issue is something they caused and it isn't isolated! By the way I know this is a BDIS update issue as if you reinstall the product the xbox will connect fine until you go out and get the latest updates.

I think I figured it out... Under the Firewall/Advanced Tab, try disabling the ICS support check box. Works for me for some reason.

• JP32
    Options

I sent in a Tech Support request for this same problem. You'd think they would have a simple check-box type option for extenders or something like that.

• I sent in a Tech Support request for this same problem. You'd think they would have a simple check-box type option for extenders or something like that.

I had EXACTLY the same problem last year when I moved house: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...536&hl=xbox

Jst had to go through all his again becasue BD stopped updating and so I had to reinstall! Couldn't get the firewall to work until I read this post - seem that unchecking ICS really does work :o]

There should be info on the BD website for people with XBOX360's

• i'm having the same problem too. i tried the ports and exceptions and the ics thing............but nothing. has there been any fix for this yet?

:(

• i'm having the same problem too. i tried the ports and exceptions and the ics thing............but nothing. has there been any fix for this yet?

i don't believe that there's a fix but I would double check your exceptions (delete and set them up again - start from scratch). Although it's a pain, once done it's very stable and i've not had any issues over the last 5 months. Hopefully future BD ware will have an xbox check box, although, I may not be using BD again.....

• Have you tried Firewall > Network (tab)

On the Network Adapter set the Trust Level to "Trusted Local" and "stealth" off - I didn't have to configure any of the UDP ports, the xbox connected straightaway after settings these values.

I upgraded to BD IS 2009 today and it's MUCH easier to set up. You just need to add your XBOX (and any other devices) to your Firewall Network Zones (see pic).

;)

• I upgraded to BD IS 2009 today and it's MUCH easier to set up. You just need to add your XBOX (and any other devices) to your Firewall Network Zones (see pic).

;)

thanks everything working now :rolleyes:

• devilmen
    edited February 2009
    Options

upgraded to BD IS 2009 today and it's MUCH easier to set up. You just need to add your XBOX (and any other devices) to your Firewall Network Zones (see pic).

wink.gif

Attached File(s)

Attached File bdis09.JPG ( 67.76K ) Number of downloads: 60

hi , i cannot see this link , anybody put a new one up or explain what to do ? im trying to connect my xbox360 to pc , streaming through windows media player 11 , worked before so i know its the fire wall . thanks