Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 Apps Opening Then Closing

Options

Hi,

I got a brand new laptop today with Windows 8 pre-installed, everything was running fine, opening, running apps etc then I took off the Mcafee Trial and put Bitdefender 2014 Total Security on it.

Everything was fine until I tried opening some apps from the live tiles, they open then close immediately, the only thing I can think of is Bitdefender is closing them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• superssjdan
    Options
    Hi,

I got a brand new laptop today with Windows 8 pre-installed, everything was running fine, opening, running apps etc then I took off the Mcafee Trial and put Bitdefender 2014 Total Security on it.

Everything was fine until I tried opening some apps from the live tiles, they open then close immediately, the only thing I can think of is Bitdefender is closing them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It is my guess you have remnants left over from Mcafee that are causing a problem.Simple uninstall leaves stuff behind.Migrate to and download the following tool and save to your desktop.Double click to run it.

Mcafee removal tool

• Yeah could well be, I completely uninstalled Bitdefender and still the problem remained, so will put Bitdefender back on.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to post back your results, Jonj.

Since the situation is not caused by Bitdefender, I will close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.