Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Delete/mark As Read In Bap Events

Options

Alright, so I have four "unread" events listed for infected files in the Events section of Antivirus Plus. I cannot mark them as read, nor can I delete them. So I have the annoying red flag constantly. Totally makes me crazy. And I assume the lack of functionality is an indicator of some malfunction. Both repair and reinstall make no difference.

Thoughts?

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

Sorry nothing springs to mind without seeing the alerts concerned. It would help if you posted a screenshot of the events section with one of them showing the summary info plus any greyed out buttons.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, tonto2342!

Most likely the cause of this situation is the fact that your Windows profile is standard and does not have administrative rights.

Please grant admin rights to your Windows profile. After that restart the computer and check how is everything going with the

Events buttons.

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply. Thank you! :)

• Duh! I Feel completely dumb. I hadn't thought that obvious angle through. Thank you Georgia! I'll report back after a quick profile change.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

No worries, I'm here to help. :)

Let me know how are things going.

• Worked perfectly. Thank you! I got so focused on my W7 reinstall that I completely overlooked UAC as a potential problem. Breathing fresh air now.

• Georgia
    Options

I'm glad to hear it, tonto2342.

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us which will help others facing the same problems to fix it.

Since the situation is resolved, I will close this topic.

Have a great week ahead! :)

This discussion has been closed.