Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ssl Connections

Options
Bell1
edited August 2013 in Privacy

I've been having a terrible slowdown after installing the latest version of Total Security. I did a complete install and then reinstalled the product. Now everything is running great except for one problem. An secure connection I try with Firefox gives me the following error "Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. (Error code: sec_error_bad_signature).

I tried completely uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it and still get the same problem. To temporarily fix the problem I've turned off scanning of SSL in the privacy options. This only started after the reinstall of Total Security and only happens with FF and not IE.

Any clue as to why this would start after a new install of TS? BTW, I used Bitdefender's uninstall tool to completely wipe out TS and rebooted before I re-installed.

OK, I have discovered something. After I log into a site, I can return that site with SSL scanning on. Is there any danger in just leaving it off? Eventually, I guess I could turn it back on once I logged into every site I visit frequently.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

A product update was recently released and it brought many improvements to Bitdefender - build version is 17.16.0.729.

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.

• Bell1
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

A product update was recently released and it brought many improvements to Bitdefender - build version is 17.16.0.729.

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.

That was the version I was already trying. In any case, I'm calling this a lesson in upgrading, taking a loss, and going on to something else. I can no longer put up with the delay on everything I run. I've tried everything posted on the boards and nothing will permanently make my Win 8 x64 machine run the way it did with the old Bitdefender. When my license expires in a year or so, then maybe I'll look at BD again, but until then, I'm uninstalling BD.

Thanks

• Georgia
    Options

Sorry to hear about that.

If you decide to reconsider our products please post back at anytime and we will assist you further.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.