Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blue Screen Of Death When Update

Options

Hi ! After long time using BitDefender, i recognize that : I always get Blue Death of Screen when BitDefender updating if at that time i am using Process Explorer (and some programs of Sysinternal as Process Monitor, Autoruns ...) also if on my computer have installed PC Tools Spyware Doctor. I think driver of BitDefender (bdfdll.sys, bdfsdrv.sys ...) conflicted with a few drivers.

Crem :(

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited May 2007
    Options

Hi Crem

If you received a blue screen of death with the following message bdrsdrv.sys : driver unloaded without cancelling pending operation error. You can try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type devmgmt.msc then go to view (monitor,screen) and select the option show hidden devices. Now press on the +-icon before the non-plug and play compatible drivers and look for BDRSDRV rightclick on it and choose for disabling. Then confirm for rebooting your pc. Be sure that the registry control option is enabled in BD to verify that open BD go to antispyware and check the option registry control.

Regards

Niels

• Crem
    Options
    Hi Crem

If you received a blue screen of death with the following message bdrsdrv.sys : driver unloaded without cancelling pending operation error. You can try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type devmgmt.msc then go to view (monitor,screen) and select the option show hidden devices. Now press on the +-icon before the non-plug and play compatible drivers and look for BDRSDRV rightclick on it and choose for disabling. Then confirm for rebooting your pc. Be sure that the registry control option is enabled in BD to verify that open BD go to antispyware and check the option registry control.

Regards

Niels

Thank Niels for this tip but if i disable bdrsdrv.sys, does it make effect to ability of BitDefender :(.

Crem !

• Niels
    Options

Hi Crem

If you you enable registry control then you are safe. All other essential protection is still active.

But because you always receive the same issue the best thing is contact live assistance: http://www.bitdefender.com/liveassistance.html

Regards

Niels

• austinj
    Options
    Hi Crem

If you you enable registry control then you are safe. All other essential protection is still active.

But because you always receive the same issue the best thing is contact live assistance: http://www.bitdefender.com/liveassistance.html

Regards

Niels

In my case i found that my nvidia firewall even though disabled was the cause of my BSOD.

hope that helps someone

ausi

• Niels
    Options

Hello ausi

Thank you very much for sharing your information. I think that it will help.

Regards

Niels