Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Thunderbird Toolbar Not Working

Options

The "Is Spam" "Not Spam" "Add Spammer" "Add Friend" are always greyed out.

This happens on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64

bitdefender.png

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi PhoenixtheII, and welcome :)

I couldn't tell from your folder tree on the left side, but do you have your email account set up as a POP/SMTP account, as the Toolbar will not function properly in IMAP mode.

Taken from the New Bitdefender manual:

The Bitdefender Antispam protection is available only for e-mail clients configured to receive e-mail messages via the POP3 protocol. POP3 is one of the most widely used protocols for downloading e-mail messages from a mail server.

Supported e-mail clients and protocols

Antispam protection is provided for all POP3/SMTP e-mail clients. The Bitdefender Antispam toolbar however is integrated only into:

Microsoft Outlook 2007 / 2010 / 2013

Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail (on 32-bit systems)

Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.4

T-bird and the BD antispam toolbar are working on both my PCs, Windows 7 & 8, 64-bit.

Keep us posted,

Scott

• PhoenixtheII
    edited August 2013
    Options

Ah mkay, that explains it then.

POP3 is so outdated. Nearly everyone uses some form of IMAP nowadays...

Mkay, no problem, just was wondering. Makes the entire anti spam functionality worthless then.

• columbo
    Options

Sorry about that, if you need anything else, let us know. Otherwise, BD did a nice job with the manuals (PDF in my siggy) or open BD and bottom right /Help and Support/Support Center.

Mkay, over and out :)

Mkay_zps8cc47b3f.jpg

This discussion has been closed.