Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewing Bis 2013

Options

I spent some time looking for a good renewal deal.

When I eventually found one I could not get past the Continuous Protection page. I could not renew unless I ticked the box to sign up to Continuous Protection and allow my details to be shared with a third-party, something I will not allow.

This is worse than the pre-ticked opt-in box: you cannot complete your transaction without signing up to something you neither need nor want.

So, as I cannot renew I am going to have to look at other security suites. Kaspersky perhaps? Pity. Bitdefender was nice.

--

Jim

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi, Jim :)

As of today, these look like some really good limited time offer deals, -$30.00 off of the Internet Security purchasing form the Bitdefender website. You can opt out of the Auto-Renewal and still complete your order (2nd link given as a visual example). The New Bitdefender IS license would be backward compatible with the 2013 IS version if that is a concern.

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antiv...homepage_banner

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=192877

• busterbuddy
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I spent some time looking for a good renewal deal.

When I eventually found one I could not get past the Continuous Protection page. I could not renew unless I ticked the box to sign up to Continuous Protection and allow my details to be shared with a third-party, something I will not allow.

This is worse than the pre-ticked opt-in box: you cannot complete your transaction without signing up to something you neither need nor want.

So, as I cannot renew I am going to have to look at other security suites. Kaspersky perhaps? Pity. Bitdefender was nice.

--

Jim

You can cancel the auto renewal at any time it says on the BD Site, but that would not help your privacy issues which are real and legitimate.

(You think that's bad, last year I bought KIS 2013 at Best Buy on sale for $39.95. Some time after I bought and activated it my Credit Card was charged again ($59.95) for the purchase by Digital River who handles transactions for KIS USA. This could not have been an auto-renewal charge cuz I had been using another protection program for the prior 2 years,

I cannot buy from the BD website whether I keep auto renewal checked or not. It does not proceed to the next page. There are other ways to buy it at a good price I was forced to discover. Just search the net.

BTW: I have tried KIS 2014 twice and had to uninstall it both times. First time I was for all practical purposes unable to do anything else while it was doing a full scan AND could NOT STOP the scan with the KIS Scan Task Manager. Second time it nearly paralyzed my whole machine including it's own uninstaller -- think it's too buggy atm.