Slow Running

I am currently running Bitdefender Internet Security. Build 17.16.0.729.

My PC is running so slow, not just on the internet, but when I try to open any programmes they take forever!

If I uninstall BD then everything seems OK but obviously I am then unprotected.

My system is XP Pro.

What can I do to speed things up, other than give up on Bitdefender and trying another security solution? We did not have this problem when running McAfee (but it did let some "nasties" through - hence the change)

Comments

• without knowing a great deal about your system it is hard to advise you as to the cause. I have the same package installed on an XP SP3 machine and it causes no slow downs.

some generic suggestions to try:

1. Make sure windows firewall is disabled as you don't need that and Internet Security firewall running.

2. If you have any other malware protection program installed with realtime protection, temporarily disable that realtime protection and see if the performance improves.

3. If you have less than 1Gb available (not total installed) free RAM on your computer it will be a little sluggish with or without Bitdefender installed. Consider installing more.

4. Make sure you have the latest windows service pack, critical updates and browser version(s) installed.

5. Run a program such as CCleaner to purge the built up temporary files and leftovers on your system that aren't required.

6. Run a defrag on the hard drive to increase file access speeds.

7. Run a full scan once in Bitdefender so it can learn the files on your computer and spend less time scanning unchanged files when you access them or run a scan in the future.

• I am currently running Bitdefender Internet Security. Build 17.16.0.729.

My PC is running so slow, not just on the internet, but when I try to open any programmes they take forever!

If I uninstall BD then everything seems OK but obviously I am then unprotected.

My system is XP Pro.

What can I do to speed things up, other than give up on Bitdefender and trying another security solution? We did not have this problem when running McAfee (but it did let some "nasties" through - hence the change)

I'm too, it slow when i install BD.