Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bug: Events Overview Broken In V.17.17.0.773

Options
knacki99
edited September 2013 in Update

See screenshot. This is after update installation and the required reboot. Do you have anything that resembles quality assurance? Also there is a new german CT magazine in which a trojan test was included. Bitdefender only scored mediocre... (http://shop.heise.de/katalog/ct-security-2013-magazin)

post-124198-1378310601_thumb.jpg

Comments

• The 'Modules' load is quite slow. When you open the main BD window, hover your cursor over the two icons on the right (The left one indicating User Mode, the other Autopilot) next to 'Settings', there's some kind of bug that makes it switch back to User Mode quite slowly (that is, if you're not using Autopilot). When you allow it to switch to User Mode, the modules are always visible.

• Actually version 2014 is a big disappointment

• Events Overview works fine for me on Windows 8.

Relax, it could be worse. Last night I got so tired of restarting after updates that I decided to uninstall BDIS until whatever it was settled down.

I then installed a demo version of a less effective AV product line which announced it's 2014 products yesterday and had downloads available. Hint: N

So I installed their IS program and found it to be heavier than BDIS and webpage downloads were noticeably slower.

I did a full scan. Unlike BDIS doing other things on my PC while the scan was running was a chore -- very slow.

BUT here's the kicker -- a few minutes after the full scan was completed I got a Critical Warning from the product saying that the program had stopped.

I was not able to restart my PC after several failed attempts -- the damned thing crashed my system and I had to reinstall (refresh) Windows 8.

I am very happy to be back with BDIS --I'd rather restart than reformat any day of the week.

• Whilst I accept that BD is very good, you should never have to do multiple restarts to replace files after a new build! They say it's the silent security but warnings of constant restarts is not silent. This as far as I'm concerned is a bug which started in the 2013 versions & has not been corrected in 2014!